Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Easiest way o carry baby?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 13 Replies

So, I am going on a flight coming up but planning on bringing on luggage besides carry-on. I am planning on not bringing a stroller so I am having to plan out a way of carrying her. First I thought I would carry her in my sling, but with the added bags my shoulders will be spend before the flight even takes off. Then I remembered I have a moby wrap and then thought that I would carry her in a back wrap and do it that way, but that also causes issue due to the time it takes to wrap it.

I need help deciding what to do to carry her around.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwennasMom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Baby Bjorn? (or other brand) They can be a little pricey but I found one for a very reasonable price at a consignment store.  They are easier to get on / off than a sling or wrap and also easier to get baby in / out of.  Also, have you considered one of those little luggage cart things (I don't know what they're called - basic little fold-up thing with wheels) so you don't have to carry the bags in addition to the baby?

flawskii
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM

This. Walmart has them for very reasonable prices!

Quoting GwennasMom:

Baby Bjorn? (or other brand) They can be a little pricey but I found one for a very reasonable price at a consignment store.  They are easier to get on / off than a sling or wrap and also easier to get baby in / out of.  Also, have you considered one of those little luggage cart things (I don't know what they're called - basic little fold-up thing with wheels) so you don't have to carry the bags in addition to the baby?

CafeMom Tickers
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Take the stroller!! Trust me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
britmichele
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I'd do the ergo all the way! That is a necessity in my eyes!
Setsuki
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM

my issue is that then I have to pay for the stroller and dont have the funds to spend on that

Quoting moosesmom:

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM
You don't have to pay for it. Depending on who you fly with the first carry on is free and the second bag is $25 (again depending on the airline). The carry on is free and you can actually check-in the stroller at no extra cost. I've travelled more than a few times these last two years with the kids. Lol. For me personally the stroller is easier. I can strap my son in and use the extra storage space below to put my bags in and run like a crazy woman through the airport. Lol.

Quoting moosesmom:

Setsuki
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM

the airline I am using I have the choice of picking her carseat or stroller. I have a stroller waiting for me when I get to my location.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM
What do you mean?

Quoting Setsuki:

the airline I am using I have the choice of picking her carseat or stroller. I have a stroller waiting for me when I get to my location.

GoldenLinds
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Go with the sling!! Just balance baby and bags. Remember you will be trying to get put together in the seats on the plane. There really isn't room to negotiate anything but the sling. I recently did this with my son at 15 months. Plus once you get to the gate you can put other bags down for a while.
KRIZZ25
happy fall y'all...
Today at 12:53 PM
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM
that have carts u can use at air ports ..i would take the stroller put carrie in it put baby in warp .do u have to use a car seat ? u will have to take that to .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)