Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appointment with my Lawyer is set **edit 2-22 **edit 3-9 ***Last edit 6-18 in orange****

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

I finally made the call to get an appointment set up with my lawyer to file custody papers, I plan on asking for sole custody and just hope he decides to agree to my terms. Saves us both money in the long run, but who knows what he will do.

Meeting went great she recommended that I do not say anything to him until he is served with the paperwork so he doesn't try something stupid like taking off with my kid. She said they should have things drawn up and ready for me to look over and sign by the middle of next week then she will file them so hopefully things will go quickly and he will agree, but she did seem to think even if he tried to fight it I would still get what I asked for.

OK so I doubt he has been served yet, but all paperwork was reviewed and signed last week. We had a little delay because of some severe weather, but it was filed last thursday. I have already gotten my packet of info from the courthouse, but they haven't updated the site yet so I can get my case number. Hopefully monday I can get my case number and call to get this co-parenting class done and out of the way. Then it's just wait on him  to be served and see if he responds. I really hope this goes quickly I just want everything settled and in writing.

So had court today and surprisingly he really didn't fight anything other then a slight adjustment in child support but they still raised it over 100 more then it was. I officially has sole physical and legal custody and it will be almost 2 yrs before he can have overnights and that is only if he follows the graduated visit schedule like he is supposed to. I AM SOO HAPPY!! I feel so much less stressed knowing this is finally settled and if he tries to take off with my son I will be able to have the police get him back.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pianokisses
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!!

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! Hope it goes well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)