Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I am not sure what to expect this week.....

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

I missed work on Friday because my daughter has/had the flu.  I would have missed more work (Wed and Thurs) had I known she had the flu and if my step-kid's mother (they aren't really my step kids anymore, but I don't know how to refer to them.  I love them still...) wasn't able to keep her.  Anyways...so this week I will have to catch up on things I didn't get done on Friday and try to make up some time as well....so it will be busy. 

Also, my daughter although healthy enough to go back to daycare/preschool, is not 100% at all and I have a feeling this week is going to be long for her as well.

Good news wise...on Feb 13 (Wed) my boss will go and try to get approval for my promotion (which has already happened but I am not getting paid for it yet because its not official).  This will be great if it goes through because then I will start making more money - definately something I need.

Then of course Thurdsday is Valentine's Day.  I need to still get something for my daughter and figure out a way to celebrate it with her.

Friday...well this is the crazy day...I am not sure what to expect.  Friday is when I go to court about my daughter's parenting time with her father.  I tried to get him to agree to something outside of court, but I have not heard anything from him and he won't talk to me right now.  My mom is going to be in court for moral support and my ex's ex-wife is going to be there in case I need her to speak about what she witnessed on Jan. 19th when my ex was drunk and got in a fight with his new girl friend and the kids called crying....his ex-wife went to pick up all of them and brought my daughter to me.  since I didn't witness everything i felt that it was important to have her there for that....She agreed to be there which is really great.  I honestly hope that she doesn't have to say anything because I know it doesn't help things with her and him getting along/working together.  I am not having my attorney work this case to save money.  He has helped me some as this has been coming, but unless my ex gets an attorney...I am not going to bring mine in on it.

I have no idea what to expect about how things will go.  I mean ultimately, I don't think I will really lose out on anything....I am pretty sure that I will get what I want for the most part (no smoking around dd, no drinking around dd, split transportation, no gf at transititions, dd not be left alone with new gf because she has seizures, and supervised visitation due to the fact that my ex is suppose to not drink around his older two kid's but has been doing it so how i am suppose to trust he will follow this court order).  I dont know if supervised visitation will continue or not, but I am okay with it not as long as everything else is ordered that I am asking because I was able to get supervised visitation very quickly this time. 

I really look forward to things calming down and things getting back to a routine.  It is better for my daughter if she gets to see her daddy every other weekend as she had been for the most part for the last year and a half.  She misses him.  Also, I know that she knows there is stuff going on....so I really want things to calm down so she can feel secure in the fact that she will get to see her daddy like normal and that we will still work together for the benefit of her as we had been doing up through Dec....well for the most part.  I basically did everything, but let him know what was going on and encouraged him to see her otherwise.  lol. 

And then once this week is over...I am going to have to deal with going to court again on the 28th for the house.  hopefully it will be quick and easy but I have a feeling it won't be so easy.  I know that eventually I will win and the house will be sold, but I don't know how long it will take or for sure how much I will get from the house....I am hoping to minimumly walking away with $30k after its all said and done.  This would be a huge help to me financially.  I could really take care of most - if not all of my debt...and then be in a better position to move forward otherwise.

Blah.  I just wish I could fast forward through this month in a lot of ways...I know that things will take longer than a month, but still...I hate the anticipation and I just want it all done.  Sorry for the vent....I am just a little stressed with everything right now I guess.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM

My brother deals with a lot of courts, I guess it's a hassle since he's always complaining.  Best of luck and hope all goes well.  

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Hugs!

steviechick
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Here's a hug for you, mama.  Hoping today is a better day for you.

hugging

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN