Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The Billowing Smokestake......

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:47 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this
It's darn near 4am and I've been up all night....for those that don't know me, for the past 5 years, 10 months and countless days, I've been pursuing my Bachelors degree-attending school year round while raising the kiddo and working a FT and PT job....(To some, that's a lot on a person's plate!) so I'm set to be done with school in May 2013.

In that time, my marriage ended, I've gotten two promotions, have dealt with aging parents, seen myself go bankrupt (thanks to the ex!), had blood on my hands of a dear friend after he was killed in a mc accident and then had to tell his wife, tried to have maintained a decent relationship with the ex (which can be ever so hard at times!) and his new live in Gf, raising the kiddo to be a well rounded happy kid and having had 2 relationships post the separation/divorce which has been since 2007!

If ya think about it, that's a lot of s$!@! to contend with....there have been people who have come into and out of my life simply because of my up/down life. Up/down yes because during this period of time, I have been so focused on doing the right thing and have balanced that plate of life damn well! To hear someone tell me today that "he didn't want to set me off" really chaffs my underside (where's the 80 grit sandpaper when ya need it!)

These past years may not have been some of my most shining moments, but clearly demonstrates my resilience to life. There's a quote by Marilyn Monroe (I believe...) that goes along the lines of "if you can't take seeing me at my worst, then you don't deserve seeing me at my best!" And my best Is yet to come!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that life is hard, lessons are learned (well maybe! Lol!) and life goes on....embrace it, let yourself feel the pain and hurt as well as the hope and laughter. Most of all, keep believing in yourself!

Sorry for the rant-
Sham
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Cenedra64
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Very well said! Youre a strong woman. Sometimes people dont see our strengths and admire us as single parents. Sad really
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Hugs!!

breebree04
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Seems like you've been through alot but have also accomplished alot. Good for you! Thanks for sharing your story, you give us other single moms some hope that we can also accomplish great things and make it through hard times

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Your last statement can say it all.  Good luck in your endeavors and you will be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN