Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single moms can be FIT moms too

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 3 Replies

I recently started training for 2 mud runs.  My daughter is 10 now and I feel its time and its ok for me to start doing something like this for myself. Because I love my body and I want to see it flourish. I have always put her first and have always thought that taking time to be fit and healthy would take away time with her but recently changed my mind on that.  I feel her seeing me excercise good healthy habits is a positive thing. Although she may have to " wait a minute" while I finish my workout its still showing a good example. Thoughts?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I've a joined the same gym as my DD.  We work out together whenever we can.  We have picked out Sunday's to work out.  Before that I worked out alone.  I love my body, too, and think it's a temple!  I'll be 49 in May and want to remain healthy.  I also want to look healthy.  My DD saw me running and staying in shape, so she wanted to stay in shape just like her mama.  We inspire each other. 

I run 2-3 miles when I'm not in the gym.  I run 5k's and would like to eventually run a 10k.  Am looking forward to running a 7k  - running the bluegrass in Lexington, KY.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I started eating healthier and exercising back in June of 2012 and love it.  A lot of what I do is outdoors and my son will join me in it!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM

How about having her join you?  Then you each other's company.  Good for you to understanding healthy thoughts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN