Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
My son's father and I were never really together as a couple but we did spend 3 years together on and off and I loved him very much. When I got pregnant I found out he had a girlfriend of 6 years and he wanted nothing to do with me at the time. 3 months after my son was born he started to come around and embrace fatherhood. Now he takes his son for a couple of hours once a week and brings him around his girlfriend which of course makes me uneasy. Im not sure if its because i love him. Him and I get along really well, in fact, we speak on a daily basis. Which of course is making it hard to get over him because i never really fell out of love with him. Is there something wrong with that? Should we not be speaking so often if we are not together? Anyone else going through this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (11-13):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Agreed!

Quoting breebree04:

If he has a gf then you should not be talking to him on a daily basis. You should only be calling him if you need to speak to him about your son and thats it. He is holding you back from moving on. Plus if he had a gf of 6 years then that means he was cheating on her and you. You will never be able to trust him. You deserve much better. I hope you can move on and find the man you deserve!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aniyamommy2009
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I'm currently kinda in the same situation. Me and my ex  was together for six years but we recently broke up about two months ago. At first I use to talk to him everyday but I had to stop calling or texting. It made me feel better once I stopped communicating with him daily. You deserve better. You should just cut off communication and move on sweetie.

nermall1102
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I totally agree!

Quoting easinpc:

I agree with this mom!  Hugs!

Quoting breebree04:

If he has a gf then you should not be talking to him on a daily basis. You should only be calling him if you need to speak to him about your son and thats it. He is holding you back from moving on. Plus if he had a gf of 6 years then that means he was cheating on her and you. You will never be able to trust him. You deserve much better. I hope you can move on and find the man you deserve!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)