Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Military wives, soon to be ex-wives?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm curious if there are other moms who are dealing with a husband who came back from deployment only to leave to be with a woman they met and served with during deployment.  UUGGHH!!  We were married for almost 20 years when he left for this "Captain" he had only known a year or so.  Our divorce is not final.  He filed over 6 months ago, and it just sits there.  I have been praying, but don't see any clear direction.  I don't want a divorce, and I'm not going to do it for him.  He filed on our 20th Wedding aniversary.  Nice, don't you think?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breebree04
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM

So sorry (((hugs)))

yezay
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:45 PM
That's awful :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM

hugs  I'm so sorry.  But, very glad you're here.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Yep, he did the same to me and yes he's a military man.  DIspicable one at that.  Did not leave for another in the military, did find someone else to say she's the mother of our children.  umm, not!  Anyways, it took 1 yr to finalize the divorce, yeah he was dilly dallying around. Then went through a 5 yr custody battle.  He left just a couple of weeks before the kids birthday and much more.  Yeah that was nice too! 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Hugs!!!

steviechick
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM

My ex told me just six days before he left for deployment to Ft. Hood, TX that he was in the middle of an affair (three year affair) with his co-worker (not in the military) and that he fathered a son by the tramp.  He failed to tell me to my face that he also fathered a second child (yet to be born) by the tramp.  He actually told our 17 yr old DD this news before he even told me (HIS WIFE!).  She knew three days before I even knew.  My ex also told our DD that he had fathered a second child (a daughter) that his tramp was currently carrying.   So, my ex fathered two kids out of wedlock.  How's that for 'Father and Husband of the Year"?  I was married to my ex for 26 years, too.  Our divorce was final 60 days after I filed.  I live in KY and there is a mandatory 60 day waiting period before divorces are final.  There was no way I was going to think things over.  My ex decided for me. 

Get the divorce and be done with your stbx.  You deserve to be treated a lot better than this.  You deserved to be treated like a WIFE not second best.  If a 'man' can't treat his wife with respect he is certainly not going to treat his tramp or future wife any better then the way he treated his wife.  I mean, really?  Who wants to be with a 'man' that wants to cheat on his wife?  What do you want out of your stbx now?  He's already moved on with someone else.

steviechick
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Quoting brieri:

Yep, he did the same to me and yes he's a military man.  DIspicable one at that.  Did not leave for another in the military, did find someone else to say she's the mother of our children.  umm, not!  Anyways, it took 1 yr to finalize the divorce, yeah he was dilly dallying around. Then went through a 5 yr custody battle.  He left just a couple of weeks before the kids birthday and much more.  Yeah that was nice too! 

My ex tried to push his tramp on my DD, too.  He even wanted them to be 'Friends'.  Ummm, N.O. to that!  A homewrecker has no right to anything when it comes to my own flesh and blood. 

Must be something about military men that turn out this way.  Found out though that my ex isn't in the military.  He got out.  Must have been that Chapter 7 and all the other financial problems that constantly plague him. 

steviechick
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Make sure that your kids continue to get TriCare coverage.  You will lose it once you are no longer the wife.  That sucks!  I know the feeling.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I am so sorry all of you have had to go through that. I don't think highly of majority of Army married men. I have seen what goes on when we are deployed... even at home it happens a lot. Not all are like that, just majority I have seen! A lot of times they tell us they are single and we have no idea they are married. That hurts so much. Especially since its always after we are in love we find out about a wife.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Read my comment before this one...

Quoting steviechick:

Quoting brieri:

My ex tried to push his tramp on my DD, too.  He even wanted them to be 'Friends'.  Ummm, N.O. to that!  A homewrecker has no right to anything when it comes to my own flesh and blood. 

Must be something about military men that turn out this way.  Found out though that my ex isn't in the military.  He got out.  Must have been that Chapter 7 and all the other financial problems that constantly plague him. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN