Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What kind of visitation schedule do you guys have...and what state?

Posted by   + Show Post

I originally had sat-sun  every week and we both get to see them on holidays. Now I'm going to decrease it to every other weekend and he can sort of" buy" his time back since he is only seeing them like once a month or once every two months. I think it's unfair how men can violate the order by not showing up, but the minute we don't let the kids go they try to get us in trouble. Once this is set, I'll give him like a 3 month trial and if he follows the order I will increase his time again.

But what kind of visitation schedule do you guys have and what state allows it?

I'm in NJ and I have a few friends and have been in court with fathers who get every other weekend so I'm sure it will probably be the outcome. Especially since he has been violating the order since September. It's not like I'm doing it just for the hell of it.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:09 AM
He has supervised visits & hasn't used not one of them since we divorced 3 yrs ago. Our kids are now 3 & 4. Smh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this
This is sad. Why even agree in court to make yourself look good, when you arent going to take the visits.
pianokisses
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Oh sorry I forgot to put I was going Friday to do this. I finally have a day off or else I wouldve been did it.

Quoting faerie75:

You can't violate the order now. You can take him back to court though and have the visitation schedule amended

Dmathon
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter dad takes her every other weekend, he never used the one day out of the week. We live an hour apart so thats too difficult! We split holidays first half with him second half with me and then the next holiday we switch it so first half with me second half with him! And he always takes her. we sometimes have to switch up the weekends depending if we have things to do or activities we want to take her to together but other than that its very consistent. Oh and i'm in CT

Aoliveras4
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM

my daughters dad takes her wednesdays from 2-5ish fridays from 1-5 and every other sunday.... he doesnt like this schedule but my motherly instincts kick in and i analyza my daughter a lot and dont want to leave her where she wont have a good day. im too over protective to leave her but once she turns on he will also have her thursdays but no overnights yet. she is 9 months now

Aoliveras4
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:21 AM

analyze* , one* ....

and also, she is very sick right now so i doesnt take her outside... he has to see her at my house....which is also something he hates. but she is sick and her health comes first.

twinmom719
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I am from texas and my kids dad has standard, 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekends of the month, and he gets a month in the summer.  During that month, though, I get two weekend "visits" so they are not away from me for too long.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Oregon. Long distance schedule - once every 3 months, up to 5 consecutive days, no overnights but up to 8 hours/day. No holidays. No summer exception. He has to come here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Wisconsin and he has reasonable visits. Yet he hasn't used them in 16.5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
s.osborne
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:37 AM

None. My kids dad doesn't give a shit and I don't get CS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)