Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What kind of visitation schedule do you guys have...and what state?

Posted by   + Show Post

I originally had sat-sun  every week and we both get to see them on holidays. Now I'm going to decrease it to every other weekend and he can sort of" buy" his time back since he is only seeing them like once a month or once every two months. I think it's unfair how men can violate the order by not showing up, but the minute we don't let the kids go they try to get us in trouble. Once this is set, I'll give him like a 3 month trial and if he follows the order I will increase his time again.

But what kind of visitation schedule do you guys have and what state allows it?

I'm in NJ and I have a few friends and have been in court with fathers who get every other weekend so I'm sure it will probably be the outcome. Especially since he has been violating the order since September. It's not like I'm doing it just for the hell of it.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sabrina0605
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I'm in the court process in Maryland...I am trying to do 50/50 with my ex on a 5-2-2-5 sched...every other week we each have my daughter for 5 nights.  He hates this schedule and only wants me to have visitation.  We both work m-f, wknds off...but he is mad I left him and wants cs.  No other issues.  I hope the court decides 50/50. I think kids need both their parents equally, what do you think? 

pianokisses
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I agree, but if the other parent is capable of taking care of the kids on a 50/50 schedule. My ex absolutely NOT! Sorry, but if I knew what I was getting into before I got pregnant things would be completely different. If he was a great father I would'nt mind, but he's far from that. I won't go into detaills lol.

Quoting Sabrina0605:

I'm in the court process in Maryland...I am trying to do 50/50 with my ex on a 5-2-2-5 sched...every other week we each have my daughter for 5 nights.  He hates this schedule and only wants me to have visitation.  We both work m-f, wknds off...but he is mad I left him and wants cs.  No other issues.  I hope the court decides 50/50. I think kids need both their parents equally, what do you think? 

alexnwyatt
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I'm in Oklahoma and our visitation schedule is every other weekend and on my weekend he has two midweek visits from 5-8 on his weekend he has one midweek visit from 5-8 we have our holidays set up by odd and even years but on the big holidays I try to let him go to see his other family during the summer he's suppose go get 6 Weeks it worked out last yr
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
busymoonmommy
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:50 PM

My ex shot himself 6 months ago. Before that he was an alcoholic. He sees our children when I see fit. We live in North Carolina. We don't have a custody agreement, he wouldn't dare take me to court. He can't work so he's 5000 dollars behind on cs. He won't go in public with our kids because of the damage he did to his face when he shot himself.

Bella14308
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:54 PM

i'm in CT 

with my odd's dad, he gets her every other weekend and every wednesday during school vacation. We split the holidays (well major ones anyway)

my mdd's "father" is ordered every sunday 10-7 but has not taken her since 2007.

my ydd's "dad" gets skype 3 times a week for 15-30 minutes and a minimum of 2 supervised in person visits per year in CT (he lives in SC )

DavidsMommy6.12
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I havent taken him to court yet but when I do im going for full custody with him getting  supervised visits every sunday.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:08 PM

in VA

I have legal, sole and physcial custody of my son and he goes with his father from 8:30 Friday night to 4pm Saturday afternoon, than back on Saturday night (is picked about around midnight) and back again to me on Sunday at 4pm.

He also can go for overnight when its a holiday but most of the time my ex will have an excuse not to take him, and its fine with me.

Aubs1990
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Its Sunday to Sunday at 5pm and we share Holidays. So its 50/50 Court Ordered. In Pennsylvania.

kidlover2
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I have full custody of my 3 children. My ex sees them every Tuesday from 8am-7pm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NaviHope
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I'm in Ohio and we don't do anything formal.  Ex moved back to his home city (4 hours away) so that really limits visitation and puts me with the kids most of the time.  He gets them for the entire summer, spring break and Christmas break.  Sometimes when they have a holiday off of school, they will call and ask to visit.  We meet two hours in the middle to drop off.  I have come to terms with this schedule as I must.  I sometimes wish I could have more free weekends or had more help but he didn't even blink when deciding to move back home (with his mom) and to his home city, even though his kids were 4 hours away.  Life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN