Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

All I wanna do is cry.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 7 Replies

BF is playing the "this is what the ex parte order says so I can do whatever I want" card again this week. 

It's unreal that he thinks I am just going to give him custody of our DS without a fight just because he somehow managed to have a judge sign an ex parte order preventing me to leave the state. 

All the sudden he wants to put his big boy pants on and play daddy after being a dead beat for 2.5 years, but never paid a dime in CS?

I watching him learn to crawl. I watched his first step. Heard his first word. Spent every holiday and birthday with him. JUST ME. 

I realize all this will change once we go to court, but its freaking hard to wake up without my son with me everyday.

I have an amazing lawyer and enough evidence for a judge to through the book at him, but I still freak out almost every day my mind will not shut off. I just keep coming up with all these what ifs that he could try to put and obviously he has to be pretty good at bs-ing a judge to get one to sign one in the first place.

His heartless high and mighty attitude all the sudden is ridiculous. He yells at my son all the time. Has zero patience. I went over to his house the other day bc I wanted to see DS for a few hours and ended up giving him a bath....AT BF HOUSE....BC HE "DIDNT KNOW HOW TO DO IT" .......

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! He doesnt take care of our son his mommy and fiance do.

Im not sure if he is doing this out of spite bc I left him or bc he doesnt wanna pay CS, back CS, or the state back, but all of this is killing me.

To top it all off I have zero support system here.  

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:54 AM
I don't know how custody works, but from what I've read so far, he won't be granted full custody. Good luck and I hope he just gets visitation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBeaus
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Hey masonac,

I Keep your head up, and try not to look at this in a revenge way. I did, and I was just ordered to pay HIM 532/mo in child support even though he makes more than 20k more a year than I do.  

They won't give full custody to him unless he can prove without a doubt that you are an unfit mother or can't provide. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Quoting mytrueloveS:

I don't know how custody works, but from what I've read so far, he won't be granted full custody. Good luck and I hope he just gets visitation.

No father is granted full custody unless the mother is unfit.  Your ex will only get visitation rights since he never legally gave up his child.  The only way he gives up visitation rights is if he abandons or signs over his rights of his child and another man adopts the child. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

If you can't leave the state because the ex parte court order states, then it is wise to follow that.  As far as everything else goes on it's a case by case.  Good luck

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:42 PM

*HUGS*

malducin2128
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I know just how you feel, but like the other moms said, he cannot take away your child because YOU KNOW MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE KNOWS WHAT YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH as a single parent. What you've done for your child, the love you've given him and everything you have provided for him as a mother, and no one can take that away from you. Don't worry bc it's not gonna happen! :)

Your boy might be small but one day he's gonna grow up and he's gonna see who truly cared for him, selflessly and unconditionally. Don't give up MOM, your child needs YOU. Not that selfish bastard. (excuse the language)....

Good Luck.

P.S. You can tell how strongly I feel about this, bc I relate to it. We're here to be stronger together!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Welcome!

Quoting steviechick:

Quoting mytrueloveS:

No father is granted full custody unless the mother is unfit.  Your ex will only get visitation rights since he never legally gave up his child.  The only way he gives up visitation rights is if he abandons or signs over his rights of his child and another man adopts the child. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)