Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The past haunts me ugh! (old texts)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

I broke my phone so I found an old one to use as a temporary. I open it and for some reason there are still text messages saved. They are from June 2011. Funny how nothing has changed. It's my ex sending me about 50 messages saying he loves me, I'm his wife, I'm his boo...but at that time I had a boyfriend...which is really creepy. BTW he is very obssessed with me and has been since 2008. Then I found messages where he begged me to take him off of child support and not to take him to court. Here we are in 2013 and we are about to go to court for him not paying child support. Then there's messages where he is promising to help me pay my rent, groceries, and for my car. BIG LIES lol. None of if has ever happened. I am going to delete these messages though. I kind of wish I didn't have them saved. 

Just felt the need to vent a little.

There was also some stuff about him admitting that he cheated on me :( I think that hurt me the most because I wasnt expecting to see it.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CaptainCookie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I have some old conversations from my ex saved. I should erase them because i dont see us ever getting back together but i like seeing how good we were. He was my best friend. Thats what I'm more sad about. I'm sad that we didnt make it as a couple but I'm more sad that because of us becoming a couple and then breaking up, I lost my best friend.

I'm sorry that you had to find all those texts. It tends to bring on feelings you thought you forgot about.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I was cleaning out old emails and found some between ex and i when we were married.  It shocked me to see how mean he was to me and I thought it was normal. He never physically beat me but he was very emotionally manipulative, a total narcissist.  Funny how clearly I can see it now and how completely gullilble I was back then. 

pianokisses
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:35 PM

aww yea I would be hurt too! I think it's best to delete though lol. 

Quoting CaptainCookie:

I have some old conversations from my ex saved. I should erase them because i dont see us ever getting back together but i like seeing how good we were. He was my best friend. Thats what I'm more sad about. I'm sad that we didnt make it as a couple but I'm more sad that because of us becoming a couple and then breaking up, I lost my best friend.

I'm sorry that you had to find all those texts. It tends to bring on feelings you thought you forgot about.

pianokisses
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea we are all blind when something is in front of us..looking back its like what the hell was I thinking?

Quoting Stephd710:

I was cleaning out old emails and found some between ex and i when we were married.  It shocked me to see how mean he was to me and I thought it was normal. He never physically beat me but he was very emotionally manipulative, a total narcissist.  Funny how clearly I can see it now and how completely gullilble I was back then. 

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Yeah instead of beating me his idea of punishment was not speaking to me for sometimes up to a week. Not one word.  He would just sit there in silence while I begged to work out whatever he was mad about.  I think I would have much rather preferred a screaming match to that.  

Quoting pianokisses:

Yea we are all blind when something is in front of us..looking back its like what the hell was I thinking?

Quoting Stephd710:

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Hugs!

Cenedra64
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I know how you feel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Delete them and move on. Don't dwell on the past.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I am. I am just going to take my babys pictures out of the phone and then throw it out. It doesnt work well anyway.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Delete them and move on. Don't dwell on the past.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM

hugs mama just shows you that people don't change no matter how much they say they will. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)