Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single mommy not making enough money

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

So here's the deal. My daughters father and I pay half anf half for everything. No child support of any kind. Babies daddy is an accountant so he makes decent money. As he was going through school I satyed home with our daughter. Then we broke up. I've always wanted to go back to school but cannot afford the daycare along with many other neccesities. I have a job working for the state of MIssouri which is good holidays and good insurance but terrible pay! I am living at home with my parents until I won't have to pay for child care anymore. I want to make more money on the side but not have to work nights and not be able to be with my daughter. Anyone have any ideas on how to make extra money?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Welome!! i have a great 'side job' tht has allowed me to get healthier, lose weight and help others do the same.  Feel free to inbox me if you are interested in more info!

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM

There are alot of legit work at home companies, or you can venture off and do your own thing part time. My sister works for the state and has the same complaints you do. She has been with them though for over 15 years but she gets killer benefits and alot of time off and an awesome pension. Still she complains about her take home pay. She just started as a skin care consultant for a company called Become Beauty. They are a direct sales company and you sell medical grade anti aging products and they have a great commission structure. There are also companies like Scenty, Gold Canyon, Avon, Mary Kay. I do not work for Become Beauty so this is not a soliciation but she says it is a good income and you are social and can get your friends and family to host skincare clinics. Do your research and decide what will work best for you.

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM
If you find out, please share! I too work full time but do not make enough - especially without child support. I would happily work a second job but cannot find one where I can work around current job and drop off and pick up for kids' schools. So frustrating
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Babysitting is also a good moneymaker
ameraznkimko
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Why don't you look into having a home business..it takes work but you do everything at your own pace..it isn't fast money but you can build your income
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I heard that Pampered Chef is a great way to make money. Also Amway is another good source of side income. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the club lol
dawncs
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Have you thought of attending your local community college, state college, or state university online? There are a number of them who offer either degrees or courses online. A number offer a program for displaced homemakers. All you need to do is complete http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. There is even a work study program in which you can ear money at the same time you are attending school.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Welcome! Try fasfa for school some schools have discounted daycare on campus too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM
If he makes that much more than you, he probably should be paying more than half. You could find a part time job on the side or a better full time job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)