Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So how do you guys cope with a low or no sex life?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 48 Replies

Okay I'll be honest and say this.  When I was in my 20s going without sex wasn't a big deal to me.  I went a whole 2 years six months once.  No problem.  Even when I was single and no son in my earlier 30s I wasn't too pressed for sexual contact.  After having my son..............BAM.  All I do is think about and desire sex.  Weird right!!  I mean it's relentless.  I feel like a guy.  Sex 24/7 completely annoying.  It's not like I don't have more important things to consume my time.  I work 9-5 Mon-Fri with overtime once in a while. Then all of my time is spent with my son. 

I feel dirty sometimes due to the excessive amount of time I'm H***y.  Which is all the time.  *rolls eyes* I doubt I'll be getting laid within the next 12 months or longer.  Mainly due to the fact that my son will be turning one in a few weeks.  Friends with benefits and bootie calls are a big NO for me.  I'm not up for dating at the moment.  Too much going on.  How do you cope?

Update: For all the folks suggesting vibrators and toys I gave up on that stuff a long while back.  Mainly because I moved back in with my mom and sister.  My son and I share a room seperate beds.  It's hard for me to self pleasure myself.  Adults movies are a big NO.  I used to own a few but now a days that stuff gives me a laugh more then excitement.  I'll look into something low key.  Until then I've been researching online master's degree programs and local college to see if I want to go back to school.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a super busy schedule so I'm too tired and don't have much time to think about that. Maybe take up a hobby. Like knitting or crochet. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz23
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I stay busy going to school, studying, housework looking for another job and taking care of my baby. its been probably about a year for me. Sometimes I think about it but it eventually passes....
Cenedra64
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:02 AM
4 moms liked this
Lol...you said some of the same words ive said about myself 'im as bad as a man!' i went yrs without after divorce. I just remind myself how my last bf after 3 yrs wanted to use me just for sex. Thats so messed up. All we did together. All time we spent together. I got a daily reminder of where sex led me. And an ex husband whose like a dog going one female in heat to another. I got too much on my mind to worry bout men. Men have left me to suffer in cruel ways. As tina turner sang whats love got to do with it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby5678
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same. Vibe it up mama!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:00 AM
4 moms liked this
The worst thing is that I miss IT so much that part of me still confuses that with missing HIM...

Sometimes I wish I felt free enough to walk into a bar and just pick up a guy, but the truth is I am too cautious and conservative-which leads me to the sad realization that sex is like an impossible dream for me. Although none of my other friends understand this (I think some of you wil): I truly fear I may never have sex again.
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea I'm 19 (20 in may) and I haven't had any since last June. I was pregnant tho too, had my baby December 31. But overall I still don't have much of a drive. It comes around once in a while, but that's like once a month lol I'm just normally too tired or busy. I don't prefer FWB either so I don't see much sex in the bear future lol someday I'll find a reasonable enough guy to get with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep my mind off of it!
mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:09 AM
3 moms liked this
And I look at what comes from sex... I akready have 3 kids & don't want anymore. Lol
teamwilson
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Pamper yourself. Go get a massage, manicure and pedicure. Works for me. Sex makes me feel good and I want to feel good so I just replace sex with something else that makes me feel good.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:37 AM
I don't miss it unless Im getting it then want it all the time....lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)