Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So how do you guys cope with a low or no sex life?

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay I'll be honest and say this.  When I was in my 20s going without sex wasn't a big deal to me.  I went a whole 2 years six months once.  No problem.  Even when I was single and no son in my earlier 30s I wasn't too pressed for sexual contact.  After having my son..............BAM.  All I do is think about and desire sex.  Weird right!!  I mean it's relentless.  I feel like a guy.  Sex 24/7 completely annoying.  It's not like I don't have more important things to consume my time.  I work 9-5 Mon-Fri with overtime once in a while. Then all of my time is spent with my son. 

I feel dirty sometimes due to the excessive amount of time I'm H***y.  Which is all the time.  *rolls eyes* I doubt I'll be getting laid within the next 12 months or longer.  Mainly due to the fact that my son will be turning one in a few weeks.  Friends with benefits and bootie calls are a big NO for me.  I'm not up for dating at the moment.  Too much going on.  How do you cope?

Update: For all the folks suggesting vibrators and toys I gave up on that stuff a long while back.  Mainly because I moved back in with my mom and sister.  My son and I share a room seperate beds.  It's hard for me to self pleasure myself.  Adults movies are a big NO.  I used to own a few but now a days that stuff gives me a laugh more then excitement.  I'll look into something low key.  Until then I've been researching online master's degree programs and local college to see if I want to go back to school.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Replies (41-48):
PartyGalAnne
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

You need a waterproof silent toy that can be used in the shower.

Speeding bullet is one, the 2nd generation of LELO will be others.

jedwards2009
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Bath time is always a good stress relief :)  You need to get some time in for yourself momma!

But I know what you mean. When I first left my husband I was counting the days for how long it had been. Then I got in relationship and had regular sex for about 6 months and we broke up.  Now I'm just like eh, whatever. I guess it's been about 3 or 4 months and it  just doesn't bother me anymore.

kitcal78
by Gigi on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I'm waiting for it too not bother me period. I think this an emotional think. I feel like once I get back into a regular exercise routine i'll have some relief. Something to distract me from no nookie.

Quoting jedwards2009:

Bath time is always a good stress relief :)  You need to get some time in for yourself momma!

But I know what you mean. When I first left my husband I was counting the days for how long it had been. Then I got in relationship and had regular sex for about 6 months and we broke up.  Now I'm just like eh, whatever. I guess it's been about 3 or 4 months and it  just doesn't bother me anymore.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
labrax
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just about writing a post to ask how single moms cope with not having sex when I came across this post.

I have a high sex drive, my last baby is 3 plus, tried fwb, it worked part of the time. I also invested in a huge collection of toys,lol, but since last December that I removed the jadelle implant I put in 2 months after my last baby, my sex drive changed. 

It went low for about 2 months but it's rearing up again. However, it isn't the raging 'I need it now else I'll die' type like it used to be, it's more of a 'Ineed to be loved and romanced' type ( don't know which is worse). So, am off my vibrators for now.

I don't think sex is something you can wish away or forget about when your body needs it but if it works for you to keep busy, then go for it.

Sorry, for the long post.

SadieW12
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

LOTS AND LOTS OF ROMANCE NOVELS

Fullmoon_Goddes
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Play sports
LilShamrock
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Cold showers! Bahahahaha.... Hell, I'm just too dang busy to think about it....let alone trying to look sexy for it!

Give me my moo moo and a box of chocolates... :)
kitcal78
by Gigi on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I used to read romance novels in high school.  My best friend suggested I start reading again.  I used to read a book a week when I first started working at my full time job.  Then I got a part time job with the full time job.  I got the part time job to supplement paying off school loans and dept faster.  To keep me busy so I wouldn't have time to think I about sex.  Before I used exercise.   I may have to convert back to exercise again.  More like I need to pick up regular exercise again.  I've gained all the weight I lost before I became pregnant and more.  Stress and comfort eating. going crazy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN