Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

It May Not Ever Work

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:53 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last night my 3 year old ds peed on the potty. I was so excited. Granted I had to convince him with pennies that he could do it. And he did a full pee in the potty!

However, I feel this is short lived. My mother watches him when I go to work. So, I mentioned it to her that he peed on the potty. That maybe she could throw him in underwear tomorrow and have him go. I do not want to throw the whole training on her. I just figured he is going so why not roll with it. Well, she didn't seem to like this idea at all.

Not wanting to push her into, I simply asked if she could try. That I would try more on Saturday when I know I have a full day with him. My problem is I do not think I can completely potty train my son in a day. It's a lot of pressure. I am concerned that when my mother watches him she will use diapers so she can go out and run errands with him. I feel this way because after telling her about his peeing in the potty, she made a comment about how they still had to go out regardless of his potty training. That and I can't get her to nap him at a decent time because she has other things to do.

Anyone know how I should go about this? He is clearly ready. I just don't want to push pressure on him to be completely potty trained in one day.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Good for him! Keep praising him. I dont remember a lot about when my girls were younger but i do remember how exciting it was when they went pee pee in the potty! I got them pullups and the pack of cute undies was the prize waiting. Keep up the good work no matter how long it takes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Genesise2009
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Tell her to still take him potty even if he has a pull up or diaper on
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:41 AM
This and you stick with the undies in the mornings, evening's and days off if she won't.

Quoting Genesise2009:

Tell her to still take him potty even if he has a pull up or diaper on
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I agree with previous posters. Ask her to keep a pull up on him and have him use the potty when they are home. That way he is still getting use to using the potty and he will be covered if she has to run any errands and cant get him to the bathroom.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Boys take longer than girls to potty train.  Just be patient.  Agree on the idea of undies and pull-ups.  Constantly encourage your DS to use the potty whenever you are around.  Your mom will eventually be helpful if you ask her to step in when she can. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Mom sounds a bit corny.  Running errands and doesn't want the child to go potty in a potty chair;  rather wants to change his diapers - ugghh!!!.  Maybe you can explain to her the difference. 

twinsmom2001
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM

My mother never did what I asked either.  But I didn't pay her much and at least I knew they were loved and safe.  He'll get potty trained.  Try not to stress, like I did.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Get a seat for her toilet at home and a step stool so she doesn't have to clean a potty chair ask to use underwear for all but naps and errands provide pull ups. Just because diapers are convenient if your son is ready don't hinder!!! Good job buddy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)