Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

cant really describe what this is,... but happy. :)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 6 Replies
I started talking to one of my guy friends from high school that I deeply had a crush on when we were in school. Since I started making myself see my ex as only an ex and not as us potentially getting back together I have started to move on. I tell myself i am better off without him because of all the harmful things he did to me. Mentally, emotionally, and physically. I still love him but slowly my love for him is turning from a love of two souls united to caring deeply for him as a human being. Just like he sees me (I'm pretty sure he just cares enough to still help me out with what I need and DD). Anywho, my friend and I started talking and with the sweet things he was telling me I started healing wounds that I myself am supposed to heal, not someone else. I cried last night and told myself that I needed to keep moving forward but by my own courage and strength and not by an old crush who still cares for me. It helped a lot just to cry everything out. Waking up I felt so good about myself and started my day with a smile. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
:)
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Good to see you move on from your ex.  I did a lot of soul searching about myself, my marriage and my ex in general.  I was better off without my ex even before he cheated on me.  But, I took my vows seriously.  I also wanted to keep my family intact.  It was hard getting over a 26 year marriage to someone I thought I would be married to forever and who I once felt trust and honesty from.  I will never feel that way again about my ex.  My HS sweetheart is no where near me.  In fact, no one has heard from him since HS.  So, I will tredge onward and hopefully find my SO.  Your ex bf made you feel good about yourself again.  That's wonderful!  We all need to feel positive and need to feel we are truly worthy.  I'm glad your bf makes you feel this way.  Hopefully, you can continue your friendship with him. 

lizz08
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:00 PM
we were married two and a half years but he cheated on me more than once, he was physically hurting me when he would get mad, and hurt me emotionally and mentally so many more times. he left me a month and almost three weeks ago. But I know telling myself I'm better and safer away from him is helping me a lot to move past him and see him as a friend and father of my children. And talking to the mommas here and hearing their opinions and advice has really helped. I love having cafemom to help me out. :)

And the guy was never my bf, we liked each other since we meet and never went out. He graduated and left to the army and I recently got in contact with him after four years.

Good luck on everything. I really hope you find your SO. you deserve to find your happiness. :)

Quoting steviechick:

Good to see you move on from your ex.  I did a lot of soul searching about myself, my marriage and my ex in general.  I was better off without my ex even before he cheated on me.  But, I took my vows seriously.  I also wanted to keep my family intact.  It was hard getting over a 26 year marriage to someone I thought I would be married to forever and who I once felt trust and honesty from.  I will never feel that way again about my ex.  My HS sweetheart is no where near me.  In fact, no one has heard from him since HS.  So, I will tredge onward and hopefully find my SO.  Your ex bf made you feel good about yourself again.  That's wonderful!  We all need to feel positive and need to feel we are truly worthy.  I'm glad your bf makes you feel this way.  Hopefully, you can continue your friendship with him. 

brieri
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:17 PM

way to go 

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:51 PM
That's great. We all need someone to unload on every once in a while. You're definitely right that healing and moving on is for you to do, not someone else. Heal, deal and be happy with yourself, then you'll be ready to find someone else.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Woohoo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)