Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Just separated and filing for divorce

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi, My name is Cheri and just separated from my husband after 10 years of marriage.  Wow is this scary!!! I have this terrible feeling in my stomach that just won't go away and am trying to get over that first hurdle of moving on.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Dear Cheri

Welcome. I hope you find support and friendship here like I have.

I am sorry you are going through this. I remember how scared/angry/hurt I was the day I filed. I literally think I was in shock the first year, i think one of the things that surprised me most was the constantly sick stomach and insomnia.

But it does get better.- just surround yourself w good friends and give yourself time to grieve, process and adjust.

Hugs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Good luck on your journey! Usually the first step is the biggest and scariest but slowly you'll gain more confidence and look back and wonder why you were worried in the first place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Be strong!

s.osborne
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I've never been married. I was engaged for 3 years, the guy wasn't even my DS's father and we just split about 3 weeks ago. I can't imagine being married for so long and then splitting. I always thought 3 years was a long time. What happened if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to answer of course. I just think wow, 10 years. You both invested so much time, how could it have fallen apart?

MomAmy77
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. I'm sorry u are going through this. I know how you feel. My divorce just got final Dec 5. We were married 10 years as well. It was so very hard cause he wasn't nice about things. If you need to vent, talk, cry, or ask any questions feel free to message me. Be strong
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Hi, Cheri and welcome to the group.

Divorce is so final.  It's like dealing with death.  You go through several phases - anger, hurt, betrayal, disgust, loneliness, self-worth, and then finally accceptance.  I went through all of these stages just shortly after I separated from my ex.  We were married for 26 years.  That's a lifetime to spend with someone.  Then one day you find out the man you loved and trusted cheated on you.  It's the worst feeling ever. 

Don't be scared.  Reach out to your atty or get legal help and get your settlement.  The feeling in your stomach is normal.  It's called grieving.  Just find some time for yourself and allow yourself to grieve.  We are all here for you.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM
*hugs* welcome. I know it may not seem like it today, or even tomorrow, but you will make it through this. We are here for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Hugs!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Oh and welcome to our group!

sol4J
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM

If you need a caring, listening ear, I know you can get advice and encouragement from one of Focus on the Family's counselors (for free) . In addition, I highly recommend that you read the book, Fearless; Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado. I like his writings  -- they are very pleasant to read.  This one in particular helps to look at life's circumstances from a new perspective.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)