Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduction

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:21 AM
  • 5 Replies
I am the mom of a son who is 14 and has Aspergers and ODD and many other diagnosis. He is very big he is 6ft tall and weighs 290 pounds. He is very aggressive to me and his Grandpa. And very disrespectful to any adult who tries to correct him. They say they don't have these problems at school but he can change in a split second. I pick him up from school and immediately he starts kicking me in the back and hitting me in the head with his fist and then thinks he is going to get a reward for it. I DON'T THINK SO!! But my dad bows down and gives in to whatever Jacob wants. I have no control, it's like this is Jacob's world and we should be thankful that he lets us live in it. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. HE IS NOT POTTY TRAINED AND DON'T WANT TO BE,

WHAT DO I DO?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

You should have already put your son through some kind of special schooling by now since he's a special needs child.  Why hasn't this been done by now?  Your son is totally out of control and could seriously injure you or someone in your family.  He's very big and I can easily see him overtaking just about anyone.  That's scary.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Welcome to the group, I'm sorry you're dealing with this.  

I saw that you also have posted in the Autism: Support Across the Spectrum group and I replied to you there, but had a few more thoughts.

My older son's father has 2 additional sons who sounds very similar to yours, though they are both considered low functioning, one very low functioning.  The older one, who also tends to be more agressive/violent has gone through a special program to learn how to live in a group home at some point (he's 19 now and is not quite ready for the group home yet) and the younger one was finally potty trained when he was about 10 or so, but it took a lot of help and outside support to get him there.

Talk to grandpa and make sure he understands that he cannot allow your son to continue this behavior.  Just because he's autistic doesn't mean he can't learn how to behave properly.  If grandpa still doesn't understand, ask Jacob's doctor, teacher and/or therapist to talk to him and explain how detrimental it is to Jacob to allow the behavior to continue.

(((hug)))

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Welcome. So sorry your going through this. Is there any help you can get for him. My son has ADD/ADHD, ODD and I still question Aspergers but isnt like this. One of his biggest problems is Impulsivness, which we have found a great medication combo for him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Hugs!!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I hope you're able to figure something out that is best for all of you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)