Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Managing Life as a single mom

Posted by   + Show Post

I was wondering you guys could list some tips that you use to "manage" everything as a single mom.  Some areas I would like tips in are....

House cleaning- is seems my house is ALWAYS a mess.  I HATE having unexpected guests because I'm embarrassed

Finances- I don't think if even need to explain this one

Dinners-this one I actually have under control very well.  One week out of the month every night I make the recipe x4 and freeze the other three.  It makes dinner time the rest of the month simple.  Or I have been known to spend a weekend cooking and freezing.  It is cheaper and it makes clean up SO much easier.  But other tips are def welcomed...

Social life- all of my friends are married women with kids.  This website is nice but I would really like friends to meet up with or have playdates with or workout with which leads me to

Exercise- ....

Thanks!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (11-11):
twade26
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:21 PM

1. I do not do pop ups. I let all of my friends know that I do not like for them to pop up at my house unannounced because with three kids it can really be an inconveniance to me.

2. Make out a to do list to keep track of what you need to get done that day. I do dishes and vacuum everyday but I only do the major cleaning on the weekend.

3. Dinners you have covered but invest in a slow cooker or crock pot it makes dinners o freaking easy.

4. I have the same issue with my social life  but I am learning that taking the time out with friends even if you have to have playdates at each others houses with wine and cheese will make you feel so much better.

Good Luck with everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)