Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My son

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 9 Replies
My son is five months old his father comes around to look for him we broke up he wants to take my son out which I refuse it's my only child I'm over protected that he his going to take my child to his girlfriend house what do I do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Go to court and legalize the issues.

MamaBernie
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Lay down some ground rules definitly speak with an attorney get custody and meet the gf and get to know her so there wont be any issues Im still trying to get to know my exs new gf but still no luck sigh take care if u ever need anything message me :)

breebree04
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Ds is still too little imo but if he takes you to court hes ganna get visitation unless he is an unfit parent. If you dont have a court order I would not let him leave with your ds because he may decide to keep him.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM

This.  I would start with going to court and setting up custody.  I would do it before he takes you to court for visitation.

Quoting brieri:

Hi and welcome to the group.

Go to court and legalize the issues.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Get custody papers drawn up, that way if he ever doestake him and not bring him home, you have means for prosecution.
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Welcome to the group. I'm not bashing you because what you're feeling is perfectly normal. But the fact is, if he's not a danger to the baby, you arent being over-protective, you're being selfish. It doesn't matter what your personal feelings about him or the gf are, its only about the childs best interest. If he wants to be an active dad and can take care of him, that is what's best for your son. The baby is as much his as he is yours, so he has every right to spend time with him. You need to be careful, because if the bd files for custody or visitation, youre going to look bad to the court for denying him access. It may be hard for you to let him take the baby, but you've got to accept it and learn to deal. You're going to be dealing with the ex for at least 18 years, so the sooner you accept it the better off you will be.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Welcome he's still young but you need to get everything legalized
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Go to court. For now let him see ur son but don't let him take ur baby. As for the gf, u have no say; at least his father wants to be there.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Ditto on getting everything legal.  I would do this ASAP.  Your stbx has already asked to see his own son.  Don't put yourself into a position that you will regret later on.  I know it stinks about the gf.  You can't stop her from seeing your baby unless she is a threat to him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)