Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my poor daughter.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM
  • 6 Replies
So I know Valentine day is just another day to people. And im fine with that. It's the first Valentine day in 5 years I have spent alone and im good with that but my daughter. She has my her dad a card and wanted to give it to him. Well we have to mail it to him since he lives in another state. But he hasn't even sent her a card or even called her today. I mean I know it's not really anything special today but it would of shown me that he loved and cared about our daughter. It just shows me he doesn't care and makes me even more mad and wanting to go after full custody and not even give him visitation. Grr I really wish these feelings would go away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM
:::hugs::: we think about love and emotionally. Men dont. Well i should say some men dont.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM

It's just another day, You're right. But your hurt is understandable. I would feel ripped off too. He could have at least called. 

I do have to say, life is a little easier when you stop living for expectations. Especially when it comes to the father of your child(ren).

jmoore10
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM
It's so true though. I just wish my husband knew what he was doing to our daughter

Quoting Cenedra64:

:::hugs::: we think about love and emotionally. Men dont. Well i should say some men dont.

jmoore10
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I like what you said. I never thought of it like that the whole expectations.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

It's just another day, You're right. But your hurt is understandable. I would feel ripped off too. He could have at least called. 

I do have to say, life is a little easier when you stop living for expectations. Especially when it comes to the father of your child(ren).

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM
For me Valentine's Day is for lovers not the children. I have my kids 90% and I didn't get them anything for today. Now I can understand Christmas /birthdays /maybe even Easter... but not Valentine's Day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I know its hard, but you have to remember that most men aren't aren't sentimental, thoughtful and considerate as women. I know several men that love their kids very much, yet it doesn't cross thier minds tos buy a gift on any holiday except Christmas and bday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)