Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Can CS be lowered without my knowledge?

Posted by   + Show Post

Last month I received less in CS than I normally do and this month I've received even less. The amount listed on the CS order is $217.12. Last month I received $200 and this month I've only received $100. Is it possible that my ex had his CS payments lowered, or would I have to be notified if that happened? The CS office has my mailing address and I haven't received anything stating that the CS would be lowered.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Replies (11-15):
raschwittay
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:01 PM

this happened to me a few times. NO clue where the money went, but it didnt go to his son.

jenmomx3
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:37 PM

No.  He probably isn't making the full payments.  CS is a good thing, but unless you are dealing with someone that you know will make all the payments, all the time, don't depend on it.

PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:22 PM
If its on him to make the payments then he probably just didn't pay it in full.

If it is directly deposited out of his checks then he didn't make enough to take the full CS. If this is the case, when he makes more than enough to cover the payments and then some, the now back CS will be added to those payments.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
828momof2
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:53 PM

You would be notified and probably given the chance to appeal the decision. DD's father randomly works so cs for her is completely sporadic. Sometimes it's less than the basic order and sometimes more since he's ordered to pay arrears. A friend's husband works in furniture and when they were slow, he didn't make enough to pay the full amount he was ordered to pay for his DS. His ex still got the money, eventually. Although cs usually stops when the child turns 18, I think they can still garnish wages until all arrears have been paid.

aviatioNation
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Thanks for the answers. I figured it was just lower because he was working fewer hours recently, but I can't get hold of him to ask.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)