Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I can't do this

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 10 Replies
My husband and I of 22 yrs getting separated. I can't take the guilt of my two young children having a broken family. I myself was from a divorced family and can't stop thinking of how this will affect them forever. I'll stay in this loveless marriage for them!? Is t that stupid and selfish. I'm scared to be alone. Help please
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starchild321
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I am sorry you experiencing this. Staying in bad marriage won't help the kids. Kids aren't as naive as well think. Being alone is hard but you learn to embrace it. My ex walked out five years. I didn't think I would survive but I did. It wasn't easy. I had to pull myself together for my kids and learn that things don't always work. My kids are fine. They have their issues meaning two grown but they are okay. Just remind yourself that you are not alone. You have your kids, you have a support system here and offline. Follow your heart on this one. If it's time move on with your life then do that. If not, you'll know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I agree with previous poster. Its not good for the kids to grow up seeing their parents in an unhappy marriage. If you are not happy, your kids wont be happy. They will adjust to you guys being seperated, it may be hard at first but they will be ok. Just make sure they know both of their parents love them and that nothing was there fault.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Hugs!!

Cenedra64
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Im sorry ::hugs::
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM
*hugs*
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Would you have preferred to grow up with your parents together, knowing they were very unhappy and only together because of you? I have friends that were raised that way and all of them felt guilty for it and resent their parents now that they're grown. IMO its much better growing up with two happily divorced parents than two miserable parents together.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I'm sorry you are going through this but you are stronger than you think. Put the focus on your kids and don't be afraid of counseling you need to grieve and go through the process so you can start healing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girlnextdoornco
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hi Tryin ~ I guess there isn't enough information here to know exactly how to help you. Is there any hope for your marriage? Have you two already tried marital counseling? Depending on the situation, the marriage may not have to end and may not be loveless in the future. Any specifics so that we know how to help?

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

The best medicine right now for you is get in for some therapy.

MsLogansMommy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM

also children tend to model what they see from their parents would you want your children to remain in a loveless marriage. I agree with girlnextdoor there isnt really enough info to say you should leave but if you feel in your heart that you have tried everything and that the marriage really is over then dont let fear keep you there show your kids you are strong and model for them the behavior you would want them to have if they were in a similar situation. good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)