Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

question for iphone users

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 18 Replies
I will be ordering my iPhone 5 today (finally!!!). I want to get a case for it right away. Does a thin case protect it from falls ok?? I don't like the otter box because if is so bulky!! Thanks in advance!! Also any great tips are welcome!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flawskii
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM
In my opinion no they have an Otterbox that isn't all that bulky my gma just got hers two days ago. It's better than the one I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I have an HTC, but dd2 has one and so far a thinner case has worked fine and she's good at dropping it. She didn't like the otterbox either.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I'm going from an HTC to an iPhone, could be a big switch but I'm ready for it!!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

I have an HTC, but dd2 has one and so far a thinner case has worked fine and she's good at dropping it. She didn't like the otterbox either.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I have an ottorbox it was a little more pricy but you can get them on amazon I dropped it in the toilet it's still alive and the case broke before a year and ottorbox replaced it for free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Yea, there is quite a difference. Dd likes hers but not as much as she expected to. I've played with hers, but wouldn't trade for it. Hope you enjoy yours though.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

I'm going from an HTC to an iPhone, could be a big switch but I'm ready for it!!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:53 AM
They also have the otterboxes on ebay 4 cheap too. I havent seen the new cases yet. Maybe they arent as bulky??

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I have an ottorbox it was a little more pricy but you can get them on amazon I dropped it in the toilet it's still alive and the case broke before a year and ottorbox replaced it for free

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Ellairis sells some hard plastic ones. I have a zebra print one and theyre good at protecting the phone from falls, even to concrete ( assuming the phone falls back first....). I would never get an otterbox when I can save $20 for a cheaper one that protects my phone the same.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I have the slim OtterBox in purple and black for my 5 and I love it! I love my 5 too!
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I don' t have an iphone but here's a bump for ya!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Oh and enjoy your new phone!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)