Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Alone in the delivery room

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
Even though this is my 3rd child, I'm so nervous about being in the delivery room alone. All my friends & family live out of town (at least 12 hours away) and no one is coming until after the baby's born. I only have 4 weeks left, IF she decides to stay in that long! And I need to be able to focus on something other than being all alone. Anyone else been through this? What can I do to help me stay calm and enjoy the delivery instead of being so nervous about it??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raschwittay
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Where is baby daddy? as soon as labor starts, you will be fine. I asctually perfer being alone. I had hubby with me both times but it wouldnt matter if he was or wasnt.

mandyjschmidt
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:03 PM
The baby's dad isn't involved which honestly is better for me & the baby anyways! I just wanted support of some kind there with me, but I'm definitely not 1 of those girls who wants EVERYONE in the delivery room! I just had my other 2 kids dad in with me when they were born, so this is going to be a new experience. Thank u!
veganistic
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww, hugs. Is someone wedding your other two? I would just reach out to the nurses and let them know you are nervous about being alone. You can message me if you want :) Good luck, mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Watching not wedding, LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jasminesmom210
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I just had my son 2 months ago, bd left when I got pregnant. I couldve had family in the room but I chose to deliver alone. Infact no.one came till the next day. It was GREAT. Wish I wouldve done it thatvway with my first. I had awesome bonding time with my son, it was less stressful and a very pleasent experience. I just got friendly with nurses, they were great and made me not feel alone. Like pp said just reach out to nurses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I was alone 4 times. I was just worried about popping that baby out.
Rosalind2012
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Hey, Yeah, I went through that. With everything that's going on, you might forget that the dad is not there. When I was in labour, I didn't think too much about it. I brought a friend in with me, but really, I guess I didn't need anyone. Women are strong! You can do it!

mandyjschmidt
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Thanks everyone! You're making me feel a whole lot better about everything. The other 2 kids will be with their dad so im glad that's taken care of. One less thing I have to worry about! The day is just fast approaching and I just want to get a different perspective on things. Thanks for giving me that!
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand your dreading it, but when the time comes, it won't be as bad as you think. The nurses will be in and out and will help you with whatever you need. Good luck.
ochoa.mama
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I was alone I have my second child my me my husband plans and he left me as soon as I find out I was pregnant. I was really scared to be not alone with just have a baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)