Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What do you guys do when you tell your kids their dad is coming and he doesn't...

Posted by   + Show Post

I told them they were leaving today because that's what he told me on vday. Now that I know he's not coming I feel like I have to take them somewhere to take their mind off of it because if not my son will keep asking me. I always do this. What do you guys do? I'm going to take them to lunch and then go bowling......then they are stuck with mommys boring laundry and grocery shopping lol. 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Replies (81-82):
Tigrera
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:02 PM

My boys used to have supervised visits with their father through CASA.  He was supposed to see them on Wednesdays and every other Sunday for 2 hours (court ordered).  Since I had a restraining order against him, we would arrive 15 minutes before him.  Unfortunately that meant every time he decided not to show up or cancel at the last minute, my boys knew.  After this started becoming the norm, we would stay at home until he got to CASA, then made the trip.  He messed up his visits over a year ago though and CASA refused to work with him.  My oldest used to have terrible tantrums, throwing things all over the house and hitting me.  Since this crap with their father stopped, so have the tantrums.  So them not seeing him has worked out for the better.

It was hardest on my oldest (6 at the time).  On the way home after his father called CASA to cancel yet again he asked why daddy didn't love him anymore.  That was heartbreaking.

NakeshaMika
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I generally don't tell my kids if they are doing something like that until the person picking them up is at the door. That has curbed a lot of disappointment around here!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN