Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What do you guys do when you tell your kids their dad is coming and he doesn't...

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 82 Replies

I told them they were leaving today because that's what he told me on vday. Now that I know he's not coming I feel like I have to take them somewhere to take their mind off of it because if not my son will keep asking me. I always do this. What do you guys do? I'm going to take them to lunch and then go bowling......then they are stuck with mommys boring laundry and grocery shopping lol. 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM
5 moms liked this
Explain that something happened to keep him from coming today, but that he will come as soon as he can. In the future don't tell them he's coming until you know for sure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Generally I just say "I don't know" and leave it at that.  What time was/is he to pick them up? Did  he call today?  If he did, should have given the phone to the kids to let him hear his voice in the phone and him giving the answer about not coming.

momma.meg
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM
2 moms liked this
IMO I wouldn't take them out every time he bails ...its not your fault momma..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Sometimes I don't say anything, but this time I only said something because he said he was taking them to eat for Valentines Day and he told me to tell them this time. So I thought for once he'd be telling the truth.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Explain that something happened to keep him from coming today, but that he will come as soon as he can. In the future don't tell them he's coming until you know for sure.

pianokisses
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM

It's not everytime, but I don't want to sit in the house either because if they were leaving I'd be out anyway so mind as well still go out, but include them. 

Quoting momma.meg:

IMO I wouldn't take them out every time he bails ...its not your fault momma..

pianokisses
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

No he made it clear yesterday that he wasn't coming. First he was saying "around 1". So if he does call a little before them then he can take them but like I told him yesterday I'm not waiting around all day long. Give me a pick up time and the time you are bringing them back. But he wouldn't tell me.(going back to my other post) He is still welcome to take them and I hope he does....but I know he isn't. 

Quoting brieri:

Generally I just say "I don't know" and leave it at that.  What time was/is he to pick them up? Did  he call today?  If he did, should have given the phone to the kids to let him hear his voice in the phone and him giving the answer about not coming.

tyfry7496
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM
6 moms liked this
I never told my son that his father was coming. He rarely showed up so why cause my kid pain?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't say anything until it happens it hurts them more than you think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM

UPDATE: No call, no text, nothing. I know him too well! I even stayed in the area for a few just in case he did call, but he didn't.

Quoting brieri:

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Bowling sounds fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)