Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

TMI question about tampon removal??

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I have a TMI question. I use tampons for when my period is on. I don't have heavy periods so I just use the lower absorbency regular tampons. You know how when the tampon isn't fully absorbed/full and it makes it more difficult to remove? I was wondering if that could cause any damage in the long run? Like by forcing it to come out could it hurt anything? I change them every 8 hours regardless of whether I need to or not and they are usually never fully soaked. What do you think?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I'd still change them, I don't think you're hurting anything.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Nope. Not hurting anything. Better to take it out than leave it in longer than recommended.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM
No, I don't see how it could hurt anything. That's actually a pretty tough body part. Think about it - it can survive being abused regularly by a penis (if its lucky enough to get one) and even worse, pop out a baby, what damage could a dry tampon do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Yuckie lol. I used those things ONCE and I was so self conscience. I kept thinking the blood would still come out. Can't wait for menopause lol.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

lmao thanks for the visuals :P

Quoting Robsessed98:

No, I don't see how it could hurt anything. That's actually a pretty tough body part. Think about it - it can survive being abused regularly by a penis (if its lucky enough to get one) and even worse, pop out a baby, what damage could a dry tampon do?

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I can't use pads. OMG feels like I either have on a diaper or I keep thinking the thing is gonna fall out of my pants.

Quoting pianokisses:

Yuckie lol. I used those things ONCE and I was so self conscience. I kept thinking the blood would still come out. Can't wait for menopause lol.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I don't think so you have a better chance of toxic shock by leaving it in too long

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Yes u need to change every 8 hours or everytime you go to the bathroom. You are actually not supposed to use tampons if the flow is that miniscule. They have light day tampons that are even less than regularsize. If you are still dry with those then it is healthier to use panty liners.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Really? I didn't know they made light day tampons? Cool. I'll have to look for those. Thanks.

Quoting conniejo75:

Yes u need to change every 8 hours or everytime you go to the bathroom. You are actually not supposed to use tampons if the flow is that miniscule. They have light day tampons that are even less than regularsize. If you are still dry with those then it is healthier to use panty liners.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)