Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

judgmental over sensitive people are so annoying...

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this
I find it annoying and ignorant when people make comments about "poor" people living off of the government ... obviously its there for a reason...instead of stereotyping why don't you keep your ugly uneducated opinion else where.... not everyone with help from the government are abusing it.. I am nit one of these people who are married and claim not to be.. I have not lied about how much I make ... what I get from the government.. is the amount I deserve going with the requirements ......

some people don't deserved to be bashed on for needing help... its the ignorant uneducated people that make people thar really need help to feel horrible..... as for me idc what people think I know I am not taking advantage of the government ..I do not lie to get more than I deserve .......I am using that help along with going to school to better myself and my children and in the end I will br able to payback all the help I had will finishing school...

rant over :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I know what u mean! God forbid if those same ppl fell on hard times & needed help too. Only then will they learn not to judge.
pianokisses
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I know. One day cafemom was full off posts where they were talking about people getting food stamps and welfare. I wanted to comment on all of them, but they were just so damn ignorant. I guess they are perfect!

momma.meg
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM
that's what made me post this I saw a couple of them today... and one about a girl being offended when a cashier at Walmart asked if this purchase would be with wic because all she had was baby food and formula..
raschwittay
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I hate it too!! My husband and I are well off now, but when I was a child IDK what would have happend to us if my mom didnt get help. I have been on both sides of the spectrum and I hate that people are so judgmental. 

MsLogansMommy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

not to mention its not like ppl that get govt asst are living large the amount that is given is so small it is barely enough to live on so the ppl receiving aid are not just sitting around eating bon bons watching soaps like the stereotype would have you believe and you dont just get it for doing nothing there are requirements at least there was when i was on it I had to attend a job training thing and perform job search etc. they require 32 hours of something when I was working I didnt even work 32 hours a week im in school now

momma.meg
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM
yeah some of then require that still ....the only government. asst I have ever applied for is stuff for my kids.. nothing that actually benefits me.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

not to mention its not like ppl that get govt asst are living large the amount that is given is so small it is barely enough to live on so the ppl receiving aid are not just sitting around eating bon bons watching soaps like the stereotype would have you believe and you dont just get it for doing nothing there are requirements at least there was when i was on it I had to attend a job training thing and perform job search etc. they require 32 hours of something when I was working I didnt even work 32 hours a week im in school now

mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I understand both sides.  I've seen people cheat the government and it  pissed me off.  I don't qualify for food stamps, and sometimes I struggle.  It's not fair, but you're right, not every one cheats the government; so I stopped caring.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)