Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I find this a bit backwards

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:08 AM
  • 14 Replies
I got a lot of decision making to do with being evicted. There really is no place to go..no relatives..no friends offering place to stay. I was reading up on ss foster care. Theyll pay someone close to $700 a month each child to care for kids my kids ages but they tell me theres no funding for rent assistance so we dont wind up homeless anyhow. Thats more than im past owed on rent. I found homes for my pets quickly. Odd pets can get homes quicker than people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
idunno1234
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm kind of in the same boat, although my landlord is going through foreclosure so she's happy to get any rent I can pay her these days.  But I figure if I can't find a job ASAP, eviction is immiment.

Right now I'm unrentable- don't yet have an interim support order in place (after two years) although its finally in the works and I can't find a job.  His support won't be enough.  Forget rental assistance or section 8 (not even taking applications and the waiting list is too long).  I can't move out of state because of my ex and NJ is ridiculously expensive with a very tight rental market.

The pets is one of the hardest things for me.  We've had most of them for years, long before this stuff started happening and my kids have been through so much.  Finding homes for them will be near impossible and I can't consider a shelter.

Pretty scary stuff right now.

Cenedra64
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Yes it is scary. And its much colder in nj than nc. A lot of people think live in a shelter. Shelters have waiting list sometimes. Im pretty sure its worse where you are. Praying for ya

Quoting idunno1234:

I'm kind of in the same boat, although my landlord is going through foreclosure so she's happy to get any rent I can pay her these days.  But I figure if I can't find a job ASAP, eviction is immiment.

Right now I'm unrentable- don't yet have an interim support order in place (after two years) although its finally in the works and I can't find a job.  His support won't be enough.  Forget rental assistance or section 8 (not even taking applications and the waiting list is too long).  I can't move out of state because of my ex and NJ is ridiculously expensive with a very tight rental market.

The pets is one of the hardest things for me.  We've had most of them for years, long before this stuff started happening and my kids have been through so much.  Finding homes for them will be near impossible and I can't consider a shelter.

Pretty scary stuff right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I'm sorry you're in such a tough spot. You said noone has offered a place to stay, but have you asked them to help?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No. I wont ask either. I know plenty of people here living in big homes just one person. They know my situation and mumble bout they just live paycheck to paycheck...or ask where ill stay. That tells me right there they don't want their lives disrupted

Quoting Robsessed98:

I'm sorry you're in such a tough spot. You said noone has offered a place to stay, but have you asked them to help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope things get better for you.

katemckenzie
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM

We are in the same situation. We have until Thursday to pay 745 or we're out. We have nowhere to go, no one to help. Can't even sleep in our car because my windows don't go up. We're in Michigan, and it's really cold here.

Cenedra64
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Oh my goodness! See at least im gonna have a car thank God for that. I'm sorry for what youre going thru

Quoting katemckenzie:

We are in the same situation. We have until Thursday to pay 745 or we're out. We have nowhere to go, no one to help. Can't even sleep in our car because my windows don't go up. We're in Michigan, and it's really cold here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM

There aren't any shelters or womens homes for your guys to go to temporarily? We have lots of them here and what they do is give you permanent housing if you stay there for 3 months.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Yeah, that's why I have thought about being a bird in my next life.  They can find homes for no rent.

Cenedra64
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM
No. Nearest homeless shelter is a long ways way in a really bad part of town. My dd and i stopped to get gas nearby there one time people were fighting shooting guns middle of day

Quoting pianokisses:

There aren't any shelters or womens homes for your guys to go to temporarily? We have lots of them here and what they do is give you permanent housing if you stay there for 3 months.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)