Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I find this a bit backwards

Posted by   + Show Post
I got a lot of decision making to do with being evicted. There really is no place to go..no relatives..no friends offering place to stay. I was reading up on ss foster care. Theyll pay someone close to $700 a month each child to care for kids my kids ages but they tell me theres no funding for rent assistance so we dont wind up homeless anyhow. Thats more than im past owed on rent. I found homes for my pets quickly. Odd pets can get homes quicker than people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:08 AM
Replies (11-14):
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this
I am so sorry for your situation- I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Before I found my current place I used to have nightmares about being homeless w kids. We are living really tight now, but it is always in the back of my mind-a constant basic survival fear that is always nagging at me, and that my friends can't comprehend.
I always find it ironic that people say they want to help- but when you need it you can't rely on anyone. Have you reached out to any local charity or church groups? Or maybe coabode.com a resource for matching single parents looking to share housing? Also I would ask... I would implore anyone I knew- you never know-even if they can't help they may know someone or some resource that can help. there are many sympathetic people out there who can relate- and it only takes one to change your situation. I'm worried about you ladies who have shared your stories in this thread- please keep us updated. You are in my prayers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I'm so sorry hugs and good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM
so sorry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

huggingI'm so sorry this is happening to you.  Here's a hug for you though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)