Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

It's his birthday :(

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today is my son's 9th birthday. Should be a happy day, right? Well he just left to stay with his dad until Tuesday night and I can't stop crying. This is the first birthday in 9 years that I have not spent with him and I'm so sad.

I could tell something was bothering him but he was trying to be strong like he usually is. Right before he walks out the door he tells me that he is upset because he doesn't get to spend his birthday with me. My heart is broken.

It's days like this I wonder if I should have just put up with my ex until the kids were older. I know that I couldn't have and it would have been more damaging to myself and the kids, but I still feel like a shitty person for making my kids have to split their time, especially holiday and birthdays.

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cenedra64
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
::hugs:: make a special day with him. I hope his dad does something special
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM

awwww!  Hugs mama - sorry.  that would be hard.

hugging

Cenedra64
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Happy birthday to him! Sorry i forgot to say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I know its hard, but there's nothing you can do about it so you can't let it get you down. He may have been unhappy about not being with you, but odds are he will. have a good day in spite of it. Unfortunately our kids can't be happy all the time, but that's life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM

If I could do it, you can do it.  Stay strong. and be happy you get him every other day/night to spend with. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Hugs! Make another special day for him round 2!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

It's hard to share kids with exes.  I know my mom had to give up some Christmases so we kids could spend that day with our father.  My mom ended up having Christmas Eve with us.  But, she knew she had to share us with our father.  They were divorced and my dad deserved his time with us, too.  Hugs for you, mama.  BUT, you will have time with your son.  It may not be on his b-day, but it's time none the same.

LauraMH
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies. I am feeling much better. I just had a bit of a "moment" when he left. It's nice to have a place to share where other people know what you are going through. Thanks again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN