Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Who else wants to lose some weight?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM
  • 26 Replies

Hello! I'm new here and I was just curious to see if anyone else is trying to lose weight or if anyone can give me some tips. I am 5'2 and weigh 160lbs, which is digusting, I know. It's the heaviest I've been my entire life and I am struggling to lose some weight. 

So...anyone else in the same boat?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaraSnider
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Me! Im 5'3 and 150. I was sitting at 164 2 months ago so im doing ok. If you dont have the app myfittnesspal u should get it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OhioforMal
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM

150 would actually make a  huge difference for me. Us short girls change just by losing a  few pounds though. I don't have that app yet.

BoggiezMom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I was 203 and went down to 138 with weight watchers
OhioforMal
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Quoting BoggiezMom:

Amazing! I have never tried weigt watchers. I have been doing some Zumba on TV, but it doesn't seem to make a difference at all. I used  to lose weight so much quicker for some reason.

BoggiezMom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM
It took awhile but it really taught me about portion control and being aware of what I ate and why I would eat certain things.

Quoting OhioforMal:

Quoting BoggiezMom:

Amazing! I have never tried weigt watchers. I have been doing some Zumba on TV, but it doesn't seem to make a difference at all. I used  to lose weight so much quicker for some reason.

Lostcause324
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Just light weights everyday and 15  minutes on that stationary bike and keep hydrated.  Lost 15 pounds in about two months

OhioforMal
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Quoting BoggiezMom:

It took awhile but it really taught me about portion control and being aware of what I ate and why I would eat certain things.

Quoting OhioforMal:

Quoting BoggiezMom:

That is another problem, I love food. Why  must food be so good?

MomAmy77
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:37 AM
I'm struggling trying to lose weight. I joined the gym ,eat better, drink tons of water and not losing. Stressful battle for me. I wish I had some tips but havnt found what works for me yet. I'm 5;5 200
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Yeaaa I want to. I'm 5'5" and 150 lbs. but taking care of a 2 month old has made losing weight hard. I've been trying to exercise but I don't always get to do it everyday like I want to. And calorie intake is pretty much a dud cuz I like my food too much and I'm hella picky. (No whole wheat/grains for this girl!) I've never had to lose weight before and it's kinda kickin my butt. So idk what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CollegeKatie
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I've been able to drop weight by just eliminating soda from my diet. I lost 10 pounds using this method alone. Hey my thought is attack the low hanging fruit first, then work on the tough stuff like running since its so hard to fit in the daily schedule!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN