Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need advice on a move.

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:44 AM
  • 14 Replies

I am a recently single mother who has a two year old and a 6 month old. I live in Atlanta, Ga. However, everything here has fallen apart. Relationship, friendships, and now job has fell through as well. I need to get away, start fresh and be away from my ex for a while to get over what happened and get over him. Seeing him every week with his new gf is not helping me get over things and Needing him to help with everything doesnt help either. I have one brother here that works all the time, and only a few friends. I want to move back to MI to get back on my feet but I know the job market isnt great. Im mostly going back to clear my head and be around family and friends. 

I know MI will not be a permanent move but I dont know if I am going about this the right way. If I am going to go I do not plan on coming back to Atlanta. I am thinking about finishing my degree in Michigan, being around friends and family, finding work, and setting myself up to move to a permanent location that will be all around better for me and my little ones. 

I just do not want to get to MI and get stuck like I have seen so many people do before, and I do not want to hear my families mouth about my moving so often. I want to be settled, in a good job, in a home and a permanent location for me and my boys. I would love to be near family and friends but it is not a necessity. 

Should I just go to michigan for a litle bit, get my head clear, be with family and hang with friends and look for a job in another state or city, or should I set up shop back in Michigan, make that my home and suck up my feelings towards the state. I want to move to TX or somewhere out west. I always wanted to live in either TX, AZ, or CA. But it will be me with two very very little ones all alone and fending for ourselves. I know it may be scary but I need to be somewhere permanent and a good place to be a single mom with no support.

for lack of asking a question....

HELP....

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:06 AM
I grew up in texas. Finest looking men in the country there teehee! Ive moved around my entire adult life. Its fun! Ive never limited life to be around family. Ive heard good things about michigans colleges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjmama12
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:10 AM

So being a mother and moving is not a bad thing. I love moving to new places because I like having that option and the world is my oyster and blah blah blah. But I do not want my children to suffer or to seem unstable.

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:18 AM
No..my kids bring it up sometimes. It was rougher when they were little. Sometimes we moved for bad circumstances. We've lived this home 6 yrs and they commented this is the longest they've lived one place. They say hardest part was making friends then saying goodbye. This is a military area so kids come and go a lot. Then some of their friends have moved areas and reunited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjmama12
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:27 AM

I guess I just want to be settled in an area where I can thrive and be a single mother. I cannot count on a man to help, not even their father who stays down the road. But my sons have to count on me. Its just a hard decision to make. If I do go Im not coming back. But if I leave everything I built here will be lost and hard to gain back. idk Im just really confused.

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:36 AM
I know how you feel. Ive finally established some friendships myself. Not to mention theres the expense of changing drivers liscene..vehicle tags etc. But im also sick of some of the crazies here. My ex bf goes 30 to 50 miles out his way to drive by my house. I live on a country rd. Sick of seeing him do this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjmama12
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I just want to start somewhere new fresh, build a foundation and move forward with my life. I want to be a stable environment for my sons but also be in a place where they can grow with inspiration to be the best they can be not become a victim for their environment.

victoriangavin
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I live in Texas and plan to stay here. Where are these men? I have seen a few butmost turn there noses up at single moms

Quoting Cenedra64:

I grew up in texas. Finest looking men in the country there teehee! Ive moved around my entire adult life. Its fun! Ive never limited life to be around family. Ive heard good things about michigans colleges.

momma.meg
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM
cone to TX!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Hugs!!

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM
You need to weigh the pros and cons of living in each place and decide what would be best for the kids and you. You first need to check your custody papers ands find out if you can move without bd's permission.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)