Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what happens if he wants 50 50 and u dont want him to have it ??

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 22 Replies

i know u go to medeation 1st but there is no changing him mind he want to pay less or no cs and he wants a tax write off ...if u cant agree in medeation does it go to judge and he get to decide ..he say mosr deffinatly he will get 50 50 baby is 12 weeks old

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

From what I've heard if you can't agree it would go to the judge for him/her to decide.

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM
If mediation doesn't work, it will be taken to court. He doesn't know what the judge will decide, so dont let him threaten or bully you into giving in to him. Try mediation. You have to be willing to give and compromise on some things, but stand your ground on physical custody. 50/50 hasn't work for anyone I've known, including myself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM

When I first went to court with ex they told us if we didnt agree with the mediator that we would have to go in front of the judge and that the judge almost always agrees with the mediator. This is just what they told me, we never made it that far because he ended up compromising with me because he didnt want to have to go to court.

3grls1wildboy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM

hes already said he only it on paper he doest want baby but only a couple hours a week ..its bc of cs and and control he dont feel in control if he get vistiation ..

Quoting Robsessed98:

If mediation doesn't work, it will be taken to court. He doesn't know what the judge will decide, so dont let him threaten or bully you into giving in to him. Try mediation. You have to be willing to give and compromise on some things, but stand your ground on physical custody. 50/50 hasn't work for anyone I've known, including myself.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM

he wont get anything close to that until your child is a year old.  mediation and the judge is the one who decides not him

chendren1
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Go get court paper. They have guildlines based on the kids ages. I know in my state at 12 weeks. He would not even get overnights yet. Check the guidelines for your state in the court papers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Phillymama123
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Only 1 of you can claim him/her/them on your taxes even with 50/50 custody.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM

IDK and I have no advice so here's a bump. I have never dealed with this before as my ex has never taken me to court for custody or visitation. Good Luck mama!

jenmomx3
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM

This.  And being that he's a 12 week old, if you are breastfeeding, he definitely will spend more time with you simply because you are his food source...one definite pro of breastfeeding!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM
That's ridiculous. In other words he's a selfish bastard who is trying to screw you and his child. Get him to say that in a text or email. Would be really sweet to have that for mediation or court.

Quoting breebree04:

When I first went to court with ex they told us if we didnt agree with the mediator that we would have to go in front of the judge and that the judge almost always agrees with the mediator. This is just what they told me, we never made it that far because he ended up compromising with me because he didnt want to have to go to court.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)