Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

what happens if he wants 50 50 and u dont want him to have it ??

Posted by   + Show Post

i know u go to medeation 1st but there is no changing him mind he want to pay less or no cs and he wants a tax write off ...if u cant agree in medeation does it go to judge and he get to decide ..he say mosr deffinatly he will get 50 50 baby is 12 weeks old

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
3grls1wildboy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:27 PM

im going to try hes said it on phone and in person and yes very self center selfish axx everything for hisself ...its going to be a long battle ...

Quoting Robsessed98:

That's ridiculous. In other words he's a selfish bastard who is trying to screw you and his child. Get him to say that in a text or email. Would be really sweet to have that for mediation or court.

Quoting breebree04:

When I first went to court with ex they told us if we didnt agree with the mediator that we would have to go in front of the judge and that the judge almost always agrees with the mediator. This is just what they told me, we never made it that far because he ended up compromising with me because he didnt want to have to go to court.

3grls1wildboy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM

yes ebf but DE is allll for the dad and he says his lawyer will make sure he gets 50 50 so does that mean lawyer knows the judge idk or has the sources says all fees will be billed to us too ... 

Quoting jenmomx3:

This.  And being that he's a 12 week old, if you are breastfeeding, he definitely will spend more time with you simply because you are his food source...one definite pro of breastfeeding!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

If mediation doesn't work, it will be taken to court. He doesn't know what the judge will decide, so dont let him threaten or bully you into giving in to him. Try mediation. You have to be willing to give and compromise on some things, but stand your ground on physical custody. 50/50 hasn't work for anyone I've known, including myself.

jenmomx3
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

He can TELL you anything...he doesn't know shit...just trying to run game on you and make you give him what he wants...No judge ANYWHERE is going to take a breastfeeding 12week old from there mom for any extended period of time...so tell him to prove it to you in court.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

yes ebf but DE is allll for the dad and he says his lawyer will make sure he gets 50 50 so does that mean lawyer knows the judge idk or has the sources says all fees will be billed to us too ... 

Quoting jenmomx3:

This.  And being that he's a 12 week old, if you are breastfeeding, he definitely will spend more time with you simply because you are his food source...one definite pro of breastfeeding!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

If mediation doesn't work, it will be taken to court. He doesn't know what the judge will decide, so dont let him threaten or bully you into giving in to him. Try mediation. You have to be willing to give and compromise on some things, but stand your ground on physical custody. 50/50 hasn't work for anyone I've known, including myself.

sav820
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Did he help you financially when you were pregnant ? Did he pay your medical bills or the babies, pay your rent, food etc? Buy needed items before his child was born, crib, car seat, carriage ?

Another words, he wanted NOTHING to do with his child, until you seeked  CS .....Those are all things a FATHER does before the baby arrives for his wife or GF....A judge will NOT take a new born infant from his momma, he will be lucky IF he gets a few hours per week to see he child, what ever you do. Do not allow him to take the child alone until custody is decided by the court..even if he says he wants to show the baby to his family....NO....they come to you.
Has he ever been arrested, any arrests for domestic violence? Does he have other children he doesn't see or pay for ?
There's so many reason a court can keep a father from gaining custody , and I sure wouldn't worry. He is Bluffing he has NO idea what a judge in your case will do. Make sure YOU have a lawyer, if NOT ask the court to appoint one for you & your baby.
Men TRYING to get OUT of being responsible for the child they created, are extremely selfish men. Does he work, do drugs, drink to much, live in a decent house?
There's a million reasons why women have custody of most of the children, and a few are above.
Don't listen to his Bull shit and next time record him on your cell phone I've seen a few judges listen to recordings during proceedings ....each one is different. It just amazes me what some will do to get out of being responsible.
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM

yes, consequently that's what happens.  It's the bad part when two can't make decisions together.

3grls1wildboy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM

no didnt help wanted an abortion or adoption and true he didnt want nothing to do with baby .and yes he does have a background drugs drinking and a long driving record ..and no baby will not go with him bc i dont trust he will bring her back ..and thank you for all ur info ..

Quoting sav820:

Did he help you financially when you were pregnant ? Did he pay your medical bills or the babies, pay your rent, food etc? Buy needed items before his child was born, crib, car seat, carriage ?

Another words, he wanted NOTHING to do with his child, until you seeked  CS .....Those are all things a FATHER does before the baby arrives for his wife or GF....A judge will NOT take a new born infant from his momma, he will be lucky IF he gets a few hours per week to see he child, what ever you do. Do not allow him to take the child alone until custody is decided by the court..even if he says he wants to show the baby to his family....NO....they come to you.
Has he ever been arrested, any arrests for domestic violence? Does he have other children he doesn't see or pay for ?
There's so many reason a court can keep a father from gaining custody , and I sure wouldn't worry. He is Bluffing he has NO idea what a judge in your case will do. Make sure YOU have a lawyer, if NOT ask the court to appoint one for you & your baby.
Men TRYING to get OUT of being responsible for the child they created, are extremely selfish men. Does he work, do drugs, drink to much, live in a decent house?
There's a million reasons why women have custody of most of the children, and a few are above.
Don't listen to his Bull shit and next time record him on your cell phone I've seen a few judges listen to recordings during proceedings ....each one is different. It just amazes me what some will do to get out of being responsible.

kitty8199
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Tell them he said that. Also tell him that on paper it doesn't matter. He will still pay child support.

I'd tell them baby is an IRS deduction to him.

Have it in papers only you can claim baby on taxes. You can add that.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

hes already said he only it on paper he doest want baby but only a couple hours a week ..its bc of cs and and control he dont feel in control if he get vistiation ..

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scorpio4life
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM
With a baby that young, no mediator or Judge will give the father anything close to 50% unless the mother either voluntarily gives it, or if it can be proven the mother is unfit. Standard timeshare for a baby that young would be at most 20% and I think that is pushing it. Just say you're still breast feeding, and it's almost a guarantee you will get the majority of custody. Also, don't voluntarily give him anything. Start your negotiations high and work from there. I also recommend asking for sole legal custody; it will make life so much easier on you when you can make your own decisions with an absent father in the picture.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blondieinva80
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:42 PM
You shouldn't even have to go thru mediation first....when I filed my paperwork,I told them I wanted to go straight in front of judge instead cause I knew he didn't stand snowballs chance in hell of winning anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3grls1wildboy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM

went to a lawyer she drew up papers for an agtreement for sole custody and other resonable things he said no way in hell he would sign unless he gets 50 50 so now it has to go to court

Quoting scorpio4life:

With a baby that young, no mediator or Judge will give the father anything close to 50% unless the mother either voluntarily gives it, or if it can be proven the mother is unfit. Standard timeshare for a baby that young would be at most 20% and I think that is pushing it. Just say you're still breast feeding, and it's almost a guarantee you will get the majority of custody. Also, don't voluntarily give him anything. Start your negotiations high and work from there. I also recommend asking for sole legal custody; it will make life so much easier on you when you can make your own decisions with an absent father in the picture.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN