Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Have to get a new car

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM
  • 17 Replies
On Saturday, my car was stolen. It was right out of my work parking lot. I went in at 2p, got out at 915p and when i went out to the parking, it wasnt there. I sat on the curb, called the cops and my coworkers asked what was wrong.

I told them, the cop came and told me my car was in a chase. The 2 guys crashed my car but were bitten by police dogs in the process..lol. While waiting for my car, the police station said if i wanted the 2 guys in jail..yes please. The driver also tried saying he knew me and i let him borrow it.

Today, i went to the impound and gathered my stuff. My stuff was there including my daughters carseat. The car is wrecked! Anyways, the guys left a laptop, a bag of tools (hammer/hanger etc), a bag of their clothes and 2 bags of broken cell phones.

So crazy! Im grateful my stuff was in there and nobody got hurt!...besides them being torn up by dogs lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Will your insurance take care of any of that since it was stolen?

Otterpuff
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I dont think so bc i only have liability (sp?) but thats my fault.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

brieri
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Sad.  Hope everything works out.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I would still call and find out. Since there is a police report, these guys are going to owe you (not that they can afford it, but they will have to pay) for a newer car, etc.

Quoting Otterpuff:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Otterpuff
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Thanks, im sure it will :)

Quoting brieri:

Sad.  Hope everything works out.

Otterpuff
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Yeah, ill find out. Thanks. Im pretty sure they dont have jobs but i also found credit card numbers on a piece of paper that i need to report also.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I would still call and find out. Since there is a police report, these guys are going to owe you (not that they can afford it, but they will have to pay) for a newer car, etc.

Quoting Otterpuff:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I'm surprised that the police let you have your vehicle without seriously searching for everything.

Quoting Otterpuff:

Yeah, ill find out. Thanks. Im pretty sure they dont have jobs but i also found credit card numbers on a piece of paper that i need to report also.
Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting Otterpuff:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Wow! I think id of asked the cops let me use their tazor on them...lol...im sweet like that. Hope you can get another car soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Otterpuff
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:20 PM
I know, me too. The guy at the impound was telling me the same o.o

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I'm surprised that the police let you have your vehicle without seriously searching for everything.

Quoting Otterpuff:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting Otterpuff:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Otterpuff
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Too sweet if you ask me ;) lol. The cop did tell me i could have watched the video they had though. Thanks!

Quoting Cenedra64:

Wow! I think id of asked the cops let me use their tazor on them...lol...im sweet like that. Hope you can get another car soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)