Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies without their fathers

Posted by   + Show Post

I broke up with the father of my child shortly after I found out I was pregnant because he wouldn't quit using drugs or get a job. I have been working full time my entire pregnancy. I am having complications and I am not going to make it to my due date and he blames me. He calls me a whore when I ask him for help. I don't know what to do...Will my daughter be better off without him?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (11-14):
Mini_Momma
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I am afraid he wouldn't bring her back. Not because he wants her...but just to spite me...

pezzino04
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I left my daughters father when he told me that I was going to be a bad mother and after he told me if I didn't move in with him and stop talking to my mom he was going to fight me for custody...so here I am 16 months later and he doesn't even want to acknowledge that he has a daughter nor want to see her...my step dad acts as a father figure to her and my daughter is way better off without her real one...I know its painful to admit tht she could be and would be better off but in the long run it will pay off...gl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM
You'd be better off without him no doubt, but he is the father and should be given a chance to be a dad. Let him know whats going on with the baby by text or email, but cut off all other communication with him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
margie92
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:54 AM

You deserve better than that. I know exactly how you feel. I'm having twins and am single. The guy who I think is the father has chosen to be with a girl who has 3 kids of her own, rather than with me because he says he is "scared". I don't know how I'm going to raise 2 babies alone. I'm scared to death, but I know for a fact that me, you and our babies deserve to have better men in our lives. Men who don't call us names, or cheat, or avoid their own children for whatever reason. You daughter will most definitely be better off without seeing or hearing her mom being called a whore or treated badly. You deserve better than that, even though you're scared. Trust me, I know. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)