Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Staying the night...??

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 14 Replies
When you started dating or seeing a new a guy how long did you wait before you either let him spend the night or you spent the night at his place? Just curious since this is all new to me lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I never had a time limit. I always go with what feels right at the time. That is, as long as the kids were gone.
pianokisses
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I never did. I don't even like letting guys come over. Guess that's why I'm single lol.

achavez219
by Abby on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM
That I would definitely make sure of. I just don't feel it's right to expose my dd's to anyone unless its serious

Quoting Robsessed98:

I never had a time limit. I always go with what feels right at the time. That is, as long as the kids were gone.
jenn31
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

3 to 4 months of dating

achavez219
by Abby on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM
lol I don't blame you! I just don't know how I feel about it but the conversation has come up & he's totally respectful of the fact that I do have kids so that helps :)

Quoting pianokisses:

I never did. I don't even like letting guys come over. Guess that's why I'm single lol.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are going to see a guy and want him to spend the night I would make sure that you are at least dating for about a month and your kids know him.  It would be a bad idea to spend the night on the third date or a week into dating this guy.  Serious relationships last longer when you take your time. 

KRIZZ25
watch out who ur talking to ..wolves come in many coats ,colors,
Yesterday at 5:29 PM
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
UP TO U..
morethanamemory
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM

IDK I have been seeing someone for about a month now...we talked about it and we agreed its not time to be staying over yet...we are both kinda trying to take things slow...so I cant say, its the first guy I have had a relationship with in a yr of taking time for myself after my breakup...I guess just whenever you are ready and the little ones aren't there.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Same here.

Quoting Robsessed98:

breebree04
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM

When your ready, your ready but I wouldnt involve the kids until they are ready. With my last relationship he started off spending the night when the kids were gone and then we waited until the kids were comfortable around him and starting asking him to stay before he would stay the night while the kids were home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)