Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Staying the night...??

Posted by   + Show Post
When you started dating or seeing a new a guy how long did you wait before you either let him spend the night or you spent the night at his place? Just curious since this is all new to me lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Replies (11-14):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:47 PM

i dont give it up until a month or more of CONSISTENT attention and his time, if i am looking for a relationship. with my SO it was nearly two months.

achavez219
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
We are taking things extremely slow since he's been out of an 8yr relationship for a yr & I've been out of a 10yr relationship for 1 1/2 yrs. the topic came up & it got me thinking lol

Quoting morethanamemory:

IDK I have been seeing someone for about a month now...we talked about it and we agreed its not time to be staying over yet...we are both kinda trying to take things slow...so I cant say, its the first guy I have had a relationship with in a yr of taking time for myself after my breakup...I guess just whenever you are ready and the little ones aren't there.

achavez219
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Yeah I don't want to involve my kids until I feel it's going somewhere. They've dealt with enough that they don't need anymore changes until its something stable or permanent

Quoting breebree04:

When your ready, your ready but I wouldnt involve the kids until they are ready. With my last relationship he started off spending the night when the kids were gone and then we waited until the kids were comfortable around him and starting asking him to stay before he would stay the night while the kids were home.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Go with what feels right for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN