Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My brother has never had a girlfriend.....

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes, you read that correct. I am very close to my twin brother, as a matter of fact, we grew up best friends. This is why I  am so concerned. He's 22 years old, almost 23, and still never had a girlfriend, and I'm sure he is a virgin(Which is a good thing), but I'm worried he  may never get married. I'm pretty sure he isn't gay,  because he has asked many girls  out, he is sadly rejected every time. He has been on one date his whole life and the girl gave him the dreaded "let's just be friends" message.

Am I worrying too much? Or should I be concerned? He is a great guy and it's sad to see him in this situation. 

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (31-35):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Now that I saw his picture, next time, tell him to put on a smile and maybe the girls will come after him.  He looks like he's more Frustrated than being Tempered.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:41 AM

lmao sounds like my brother. We are both 24 will be 25 in September and he is still a virgin. He is too shy to ask girls out. Don't know if he'll ever get married or not but I guess only time will tell.

40sandPreg
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:55 AM

To be honest I'd 'push' him nicely.  Don't nag or it'll make it worse.

Try going out for drinks or to a club with a single girl friend of yours and getting him to come along, and tell your friend how great of a guy he is - all the best things you can think of as his sister that you'd think a girl would like.

To be honest I've known some men like your brother and trust me the older he gets the harder it will be for him to change something like that.  And, the older he is the more depressed he'll get about it, and just think of all he's missing out on!  Even a broken heart is an experience that people should go through as a part of life.

Misha1204
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:44 AM
I agree w/this!

Quoting conniejo75:

You're worrying too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I agree. I was married and divorced with kids at 21. I wish I had waited. My boys are 18 & . 16 and don't even want to date til college. Their choice. They want to get a job and established before getting serious.

Quoting steviechick:

He's only 22.  I didn't date that much when I was 19-21.  I didn't even meet my ex until I was 21.  He was 25 turned 26 a few months after we met.  He was already married and divorced and fathered a child by then.  I think people marry too young these days and are too permiscuous at a young age.  Instead of just enjoying hanging out with males and females (friends) they are too consumed about dating.  I say just let him find the girl when the time is right for him.  He's cute.  Perhaps the girls he meets aren't ready for a serious relationship.  When my daughter is 22 I would hope she's not seriously dating anyone.  I'd prefer her to get involved when she's older - perhaps 25 or 26.  By then she will have a career and a good job.  When you are 22 you still want to have fun without having to settle down or date even.  Let the guy be a guy for a while!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)