Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

ugh..complications with co-parenting

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
need help...so I've been trying to potty train my 3 yr old for the past yr since he's 2 nd bday..

his dad doesn't get him often...but any time we get really close to being completely potty trained his dad comes to get him ...he comes back not potty trained at all. I've told his dad how we are doing this and how close we are .. but my son told me this last time.. when he gets to his daddy if he an accident his daddy puts him in a pillion and keeps him in a pullup until he comes home to mommy and calls him a baby..

HELP HOW DO I FIX THIA
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
breebree04
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a custody/visitation agreement through the court? If not I would talk to your ex and tell him either he helps potty train him while he has him or he doesnt get him until you have him fully potty trained. If he does have a visitation order then I think alls you can do is try to have a civil conversation with him and explain that its time your ds is potty trained and that he should be helping. If he refuses Im not sure there is much you can do.

momma.meg
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:51 PM
we have a court ordered agreement and I've tried talking to him with a civil convo .. he foes not good.. with my son if you put him in a pullup or diaper its almost instant he goes back yo pottying in his pants and I have to start all over...and that's what his dad does.. I send him in underwear ..he has an accident and hus dad keeps him in a pullup the rest of the weekend
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM

He's in pull-ups at dad's house, either dad is not telling child to go potty or if child is saying to dad "gotta go potty' and daddy either ignores, or might just be saying then 'go'.

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Tough one. Obviously the ex doesn't care enough to be bothered, so talking isn't ever going to work and you can't deny visitation bc of it. Eventually your son will do it on his own, so all I can figure is tell him over and over to use the potty at daddy's house and bide your time.
momma.meg
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:18 PM
thank you :D

Quoting Robsessed98:

Tough one. Obviously the ex doesn't care enough to be bothered, so talking isn't ever going to work and you can't deny visitation bc of it. Eventually your son will do it on his own, so all I can figure is tell him over and over to use the potty at daddy's house and bide your time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)