Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

is it wrong of me..

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 20 Replies
My sons father and I have Brennan broken up since November.. his choice. I still madly love him and would do anything to have my family back. BUT ever since he left, he has been nothing but plain out rude to me. For example: calling me names, flaunting his numerous flings, introducing our son to all of these flings, blocking my phone number and Facebook (he's only allowed to contact me on his terms).. the way his phone is set up, he can call me, but I can't call him.

Our sons birthday is on the 27th, and I know he would try to contact me for that reason. He is only nice when he wants our son and as soon as he gets him.. he's a complete ass and ignores me and threatens not to return him. I have started the process of child support/custody and wont have a hearing until April.

So is it wrong of me to change my phone number? Is there some moral duty that says I have to speak to him? Im done with all his games and would like to just forget him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Personally id go ahead change my number if hes doing that. Heck with what anyone else says
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Does he get your son on a regular schedule? If not, how will you set up when he is going to get your son? unless you are also planning on not letting him have your son anymore until your court date. I have wanted to block my ex from calling/texting me for along time because he is an ass most of the time and I also get the name calling, ect but in my experience it just wont work out because we have to communicate about the kids somehow. When he has them I want him to be able to reach me if there is an emergency and sometimes I have to call him to give him info about the kids. So I just try to be the bigger person and when he is calling me acting like an ass I just hang up and dont answer and I ignore his text messages unless he is asking me something about the kids

mnivis01
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
No he will not be getting our son until the judge says I have to. The prosector that filled out my papef work strongly advised me to not let him have our son. About a month ago when he had my son, he was suppose to bring him back on a Wednesday.. for him back on Friday. Only took multipul calls from his probation officer to get him back. And in court.. we are filing for supervised visitations. He has an extensive criminal background and domestic violence against me.

Quoting breebree04:

Does he get your son on a regular schedule? If not, how will you set up when he is going to get your son? unless you are also planning on not letting him have your son anymore until your court date. I have wanted to block my ex from calling/texting me for along time because he is an ass most of the time and I also get the name calling, ect but in my experience it just wont work out because we have to communicate about the kids somehow. When he has them I want him to be able to reach me if there is an emergency and sometimes I have to call him to give him info about the kids. So I just try to be the bigger person and when he is calling me acting like an ass I just hang up and dont answer and I ignore his text messages unless he is asking me something about the kids

breebree04
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

oh ok, well in that case I say block his number or change yours. If hes not going to be seeing your son then theres no reason to have to put up with his stupidness atleast until after court

Quoting mnivis01:

No he will not be getting our son until the judge says I have to. The prosector that filled out my papef work strongly advised me to not let him have our son. About a month ago when he had my son, he was suppose to bring him back on a Wednesday.. for him back on Friday. Only took multipul calls from his probation officer to get him back. And in court.. we are filing for supervised visitations. He has an extensive criminal background and domestic violence against me.

Quoting breebree04:

mnivis01
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Its cheaper to change my number than to block one. Weird?

Quoting breebree04:

oh ok, well in that case I say block his number or change yours. If hes not going to be seeing your son then theres no reason to have to put up with his stupidness atleast until after court

Quoting mnivis01:

Quoting breebree04:

mnivis01
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Plus, even when I did text him about our son. He wouldn't reply. He had to have surgery and he didn't show up for that. Both our son and I were in the hospital.. he didn't reply. I even had the nurse call him at work, and he hung up on her.
breebree04
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:06 PM

wow thats crazy! If he doesnt care then why even bother. Its good for you (not your son) that hes acting like this because it will help you get over him and move on. When my ex did this, it was a total turn off and I didnt want anything to do with him. When I saw his true colors when it came to the kids all I could think was how I should have never had kids with him and how I couldnt stand him. My phone has an option right on it where you can select block number and I have a cheap phone lol

Quoting mnivis01:

Plus, even when I did text him about our son. He wouldn't reply. He had to have surgery and he didn't show up for that. Both our son and I were in the hospital.. he didn't reply. I even had the nurse call him at work, and he hung up on her.

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Yes, it's wrong. He is the baby's father and regardless of what goes on between you and him, he has as much right to see him as you do. Ignore what he says and does, but don't do anything to keep him from being able to be the dad. You're stuck with him until ds is 18, so you have to suck it up and deal with him. Sorry.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I would check with an attorney or the person who filed your paperwork to make sure that changing your number wouldn't come back to bite you in the butt in court.  His dad could argue that you are trying to prevent him from communicating with his child (even though he blocked you), so I would make sure to cover your bases before you do it.  Good luck!!

gizmom529
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM

no i do not htink its wrong if youre going for supervised visits and they agvised you to not let him have him then i would change my number and wait until you go to court to work out the rest of it good luck hope it gets better for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)