Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

help please.

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 3 Replies

today i found out my husband is getting divorce papers finally and i dont know what to feel..

is it weird to cry over it? i mean he was abusive and everything but there was fun times and i did love him, i just couldnt deal with it anymore so i left...

i felt like i deserved better plus im a mother of 2 and 1 angel and i didnt think they needed to be raised around that...

>Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I had a hard time too even though i was the one to file (after he decided it was over and I later found out he was cheating).  Take your time to grieve but also stand up, dust off and begin this new life you have. 

lydi
by Lydi on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM

whether the relationship was good or bad, we still grieve the losses in our lives. let yourself grieve and then focus on the positive and the future.

margie92
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I don't blame you for having mixed emotions about your upcoming divorce. I can only imagine how you must feel. I do know though, that it makes sense to feel happy and relieved, yet devestated and scared. If he was abusive, I'm so thankful you and him are getting a divorce, but he will always be in your life if you 2 have children. You guys have made the best decision, considering. Your children don't deserve to be raised around hatred and abuse. You will continue to be a great mother to them, without being married to your husband. Stay strong and don't feel bad for any of the emotions you feel or will feel. Just because a change is good, doesn't make it easy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)