Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Filing for abandonment

Posted by   + Show Post
Could anyone explain this a little more to me? I would like to file since my daughters dad has never been in her life, but I'm honestly not even sure of what it means exactly or where to start. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Replies (11-11):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:49 AM

When I met my ex 28 years ago he had been divorced for a year.  His wife apparently left him for another man.  My ex and his ex-wife had a three year old child together.  I always wondered why he never looked up his own flesh and blood.  Never bothered to see how she was doing.  Nothing.  He never wanted to talk about it and it was more or less taboo to even mention his ex-wife or his child.  My ex never got any paperwork from his ex-wife about adoption, etc.  I found out just a year ago that my ex's biological child was legally adopted by his ex-wife's husband.  My ex divorced his wife while they were living in OK.  Not sure what the OK laws were back in 1984 (when they divorced).  But, it was a little odd to me to not see any legal docs come to my ex when we lived together.  My ex's ex-wife knew how to get a hold of my ex's parents as much as we moved around.  Also, we lived in OK for a year after my ex was divorced.  One would think that a second marriage by my ex's ex-wife would have taken place, or like I said, a few years later.  How could my ex not get notified of his own child being adopted by another man?   I know my ex abandoned his own child.  Not sure what the visitation rights were agreed upon since my ex's ex-wife moved with the man she left my ex for. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)