Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When they take back CS from tax refund

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM
  • 20 Replies

How long does it take for you to get it after its been taken out of his taxes? Do they put it on your CS card, or send a check?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladybugmom2010
by Joy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this

For me I think maybe a month or so. It was put on my CS card

koalasami
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I received a check and I agree that it took about a month. I am REALLY hoping they do take his taxes this year since he owes me so much...

my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Mines only about 500 behind but thats 500 i could deff use!!

Quoting koalasami:

I received a check and I agree that it took about a month. I am REALLY hoping they do take his taxes this year since he owes me so much...

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I don't know but here's a bump for ya!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I tried to get a lien on my ex's taxes, but I had until Dec. 31, 2012 to get this done.  I had no idea there was a cut-off date.  Had I known I would have a lien in order right now.  The county cs office told me that if my ex continues to be a deadbeat in the future, I can easily go down to their office and get a lien done.  He said that the money would be sent to me via a check from the IRS.  At least I now know what I can do next year if the deadbeat goes viral on me.

my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I didnt have to do anything. Here its a law that if your 500+ behind it comes out of his taxes automatcially.But at least you know what you have to do!! good luck

Quoting steviechick:

I tried to get a lien on my ex's taxes, but I had until Dec. 31, 2012 to get this done.  I had no idea there was a cut-off date.  Had I known I would have a lien in order right now.  The county cs office told me that if my ex continues to be a deadbeat in the future, I can easily go down to their office and get a lien done.  He said that the money would be sent to me via a check from the IRS.  At least I now know what I can do next year if the deadbeat goes viral on me.

MrsBoats08
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
My ex is 600 behind, and will be taken from his taxes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
koalasami
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never had to file anything they just did it automatically.  I don't know the law honestly.  But last year they did not take it.  He does not owe me a lot compared to what I have seen others be behind but he owes me about $1000 and I would like it sooner rather than later.  He was unemployed for a while last year otherwise he is not normally too bad about paying.

pianokisses
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM

took me til sept last year

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)