Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When they take back CS from tax refund

Posted by   + Show Post

How long does it take for you to get it after its been taken out of his taxes? Do they put it on your CS card, or send a check?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
mhaney03
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM

they put it on my card last year. if he is filing single, it should come fast. if he is filing married, it takes upwards of six months

mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Mine is about $30,000 behind and have never received his tax return!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM

why so much longer if he filed married? They already took the money so why do they take longer to give it to you? He just got married but i cant rember if it was jan or dec to be able to file jointly or not :/

Quoting mhaney03:

they put it on my card last year. if he is filing single, it should come fast. if he is filing married, it takes upwards of six months

MommyofJustin
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Mine is 7,000 behind. I am trying to put him in jail. Wish i could get it out of his taxes. He only pays 275 a month.... well that is if te paid
mhaney03
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM

because if the new wife works, part of the tax refund could be HERS.  the six month waiting period gives her time to file an injured spouse claim to recoup her portion of the refund.

Quoting my4loves4:

why so much longer if he filed married? They already took the money so why do they take longer to give it to you? He just got married but i cant rember if it was jan or dec to be able to file jointly or not :/

Quoting mhaney03:

nikabear
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:55 PM
It takes about a month and it is deposited into my bank account....
my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM

i will be so pissed if she trys that... She is the reason he divorced me and didnt even talk to our son for 3 months after he left. We have all made our peace and get along now, but if she trys to screw me out of money that he owes his, its going to be WW3 here. I know if they find out they can do this they will try, hes already pissed they took it out. She got pregnant before we were divorced so she only worked a little of last year plus she was in jail for 3 months for theft so she barely worked so most of that money was his.

Quoting mhaney03:

because if the new wife works, part of the tax refund could be HERS.  the six month waiting period gives her time to file an injured spouse claim to recoup her portion of the refund.

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting mhaney03:

camommy08
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:16 PM

for me they just put it on my card. i think it was a few days after or right around when he got his money. i didnt get all the money they took though. he said they took out 800 and i only got 300

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Not sure..here is a bump!!

Tahjanae_s_Mom
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM

mine is 19k in back child support, im waiting for his income tax refund, i wish the irs would let us know how much and when it was taken, its our children's money, they should let us know!! Im hoping it will be more than 1000k!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)