Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hey There:)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey so my BD and Ihave been split for 11 months.My son is 8 months old:) BD has only seen him 5 times & opnly given me about $230.Hes always threatening to take my son,saying oh im "lucky" hes letting me keep him yet me&my mother(willingly) have provided for him 99% of the time

Me 18,high school senior,going to college in July.Dont drink or smoke(havnent in close to 2 years).I've lived in the same place 2 years come June.I've only been with 2 guys since our breakup 11 months ago..I got with the first a little over a month after the breakup that lasted 6 months and 1 1/2 weeks then about a month&a half later I got wit my now bf(it'll be 2 mos march 1st).I have tried to get a job but we dont have a car our transportation is my grandma.

He is 20,dropout,and has worked 3 jobs in the past year.Lived in 5-6 different places.Got kicked out of his dads,his dad was moving, & was homeless for 2-4 weeks. He smokes pot/ciggs,drinks,always carries a pocket knife,has a nasty temper.Had his first gf 3 days after the break up they broke up about a month later,got his second gf about 3 months later,that didnt last long cuz about a month later his fb went from single to in a relationship,that lasted maybe a month then amonth later a new gf which lasted like a month and a half or so.He was again single then jsut recently got a new gf.So like 5 gfs in 11 months. Also he hasnt sent money since jan 2,2013 but "spoiled" his gf for valentines day.

Will a judge consider that in deciding custody?Like thinking BD thinks a chicks more important than his kid. Thanks girls.Im really freaked that I could lose my DS even though i think those chances are slim to none.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM
The fact that you both date isn't the business of the other or the judge unless you allow these people around your child. It seems you both make poor life choices and he will get at least visitation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

You will not lose your child.  You are his mother and you are providing a home for him.  You aren't abusing him.  The only way you will lose your child is if you are abusing him.  Your ex is a loser.  You have nothing to worry about except that you may have a hard time getting cs from him.  He goes from gf to jobs like bees to flowers.  Don't freak out.  You will be okay. Get that cs in order.  However, I think you may have hard time actually getting money on a regular basis from the ex.  Good luck!

DavidsMommy6.12
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL yeah which is one reason im becoming a nurse so i can provide well enough so I dont. ahve to depend on cs

Quoting steviechick:

You will not lose your child.  You are his mother and you are providing a home for him.  You aren't abusing him.  The only way you will lose your child is if you are abusing him.  Your ex is a loser.  You have nothing to worry about except that you may have a hard time getting cs from him.  He goes from gf to jobs like bees to flowers.  Don't freak out.  You will be okay. Get that cs in order.  However, I think you may have hard time actually getting money on a regular basis from the ex.  Good luck!

DavidsMommy6.12
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Yes I have in the past made poor choices but I got clean & sober and will never touch any pot again or drink untill i am 21.He is still being a dumbass&doing these things.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

The fact that you both date isn't the business of the other or the judge unless you allow these people around your child. It seems you both make poor life choices and he will get at least visitation.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's a bump for you!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  His social most likely wont play much of a deciding role unless he has gone to jail for abuse drugs etc. what will his lack of visiting.  Make sure everything is documented.  times he visits times he flakes etc.

brieri
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Judge isn't going to care.  It's how you both deal it in court.  Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)