Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Will I ever find a good man?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 18 Replies
I am 34 (turning 35 next week) and pregnant with my 3rd baby. ( my other two kids are 11 & 7). I hv been going thru a VERY difficult divorce for about a yr and a half. This BD isn't involved which is ok with me bc he turned out not to be a good guy anyway. I can't imagine having to hand over my baby for visitation with him. However, I've been married twice and both turned out to be abusive relationships and now I wonder if there is a good man out there. Right now I'm focused on myself & my kids, but at night I wonder if any man will ever want me again. I feel like I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. I moved to this town about 5 yrs ago and my ex husband wouldn't "allow" me to hv friends so now I'm all alone with no family or friends nearby. My best friend and most of my family is about 12 hours away. Does anyone know how I can get out & meet new people (mommys like me??) I don't know of any groups nearby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breebree04
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you could meet some other moms through your kids school like at school activities/parties. Do your kids do any after school activies, like sports? you could meet some moms there. As far as men go, Im sure you will find the right one and a good one eventually. Just take your time and make sure hes a good one before moving in or jumping into marriage. and if he has a good brother, let me know :) lol

Cenedra64
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Thats the million dollar question i think a lot of us ask. Everyone always says focus on kids. Yes true however we were not created to be alone and its not living a full existense but there is sp much to do in life! Theres a lot of truth in finding inner happiness and confidence in yourself being attractive to people of like nature
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Hugs!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM
4 moms liked this

well, to be very honest... and im NOT insulting anyone in here because a lot of us are in that situation... more than one babys daddy takes your dating stock down. your "pool" will be smaller. also, being pregnant or having a baby will attract the ones who want you to feel as if you owe them.

finding a GOOD man requires being VERY selective and knowing your worth, and being ok being single and sort of stopping looking. when i got divorced, i was pregnant and it took many years before i was ready and able to date the right way.

id just focus on your kids and being ok with yourself. the right man will come along when you arent looking for a man. i know i hated hearing that when i was single.. "well how do i not look!" well i got to a point where i just didnt, i didnt care and i was having fun in my life when i finally met a man at age 35 after 13 years single.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM

With your older children in school, you should be able to find moms at their school or through their friends.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Learn to love and respect yourself before you try again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group. Yes, you will find another man, but it sounds like you need to set your standards higher. Don't accept less than you deserve even if that means being alone for awhile. You dont need a man to be happy anyway. Get involved in your kids school activities and get to know other moms. There are probably single parent groups in your area and church is a good place to meet people too.
Imaeve2000
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Where do u live?

mandyjschmidt
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I live in Greenville, NC

Quoting Imaeve2000:

Where do u live?

mama.samm.2.3
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM
If you kind of stop looking thats when the good ones show up. Since your older kids are in school I would get involved with activities at their school. Also there might be groups in your area for single parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN