Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Question about Child Support Enforcement with Dept. of Revenue

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a question. I just got a letter from FL Dept of Revenue about Child Support Enforcement. It says that I have to cooperate with them and give them all info I have on baby's daddy so they can open a child support case or I won't receive benefits such as Medicaid or Food Stamps anymore. Do any of you have experience with this what if you have no info on the father? He split right away. And is not even on birth certificate. Will I lose my benefits? 

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Provide what you can his name birthday tattoos (in Cali they asked for that) possible residence as long as you try they accept it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Give them everything you have.  His name.  Relative names.  Where he used to live. B-day and social.  As long as you're honest with them then you'll get your benefits, but if they can ever prove you knew more than you shared you could get charged with fraud and even end up in prison. 

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM
If you dont give them the info you have, yes you will lose benefits for non-compliance as you should. You need to cooperate with them in locating him so he can be forced to pay support.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Imaeve2000
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Thanks all! 

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Tax payers are paying for the child so if you do not give his info, you are subject to benefits stopping or in some cases a fine. You have to have some info on him. His name, approx age, facebook, etc..They will establish paternity and do a dna test. Give them as much info as possible. Good luck.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

If you cooperate with them and attempt to help, you shouldn't.  Do what you can as they ask and just go from there. 

tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Give them all the info you know. Last known address, employment, parents address. And yes , if you don't cooperate you will lose all benefits as it should be. The state is paying to support your child, so the father needs to be paying support so the state doesn't have to and so they can recoup some of the cost if delivery and care of the child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Imaeve2000
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Thanks. See I am asking because he is one of those who doesn't pay taxes, works under the table and doesn't give out his real address for anything. So I basically have his name. He doesn't have a FB page but I think I know some of the aliases and friends. Thanks all! I just thought maybe because he evades I might lose her benefits but its ok I always knew it was temp so me and my baby girl will make it either way! :) 

DlovesM
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Yeah, this happened to my friend. She gave them what she could and they took her word for it and activiely tried to hunt the dad down for her. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM

you have to tell them what you know. or else it is non cooperation and you will lose your benefits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)